Chapter 12 | Fruit of all evil

I woke up the next morning to an empty bed, a groan left me as I lifted my head to fully look around

I woke up the next morning to an empty bed, a groan left me as I lifted my head to fully look around. And noticing the room was empty too.

After smuggling a couple of deserts from a local corner story, that Zayn had found in Jacinda's neighborhood. We brought them back after our short walk, eating all our sugary items back in my room together. Before falling asleep in his arms, which goes without saying but is my safe haven; He also removed both our clothes, as we embraced skin-to-skin in order to grow closer.

My eyes squinted as I had looked around, just as it landed on a white flower that was on the pillow beside me. One that Zayn had used last night, a soft grin plastered on my face before I leaned over to grab it. And smelling the petals.

He was so damn clever. Many people believed that white flowers had a fragment of symbolic meanings, a lot of them indicated that it was a sign for honesty, purity, innocence. And since it was a white rose, back then people used that for the meaning of true romance, and special love. Of course, before they used the red ones.

But only he could've known that, since the both of us loved to read. And I would be the only to get a deep message like this, smiling to myself at the cute attempts he was doing. I loved it.

I held sheet to my naked chest, while grabbing the paper thar was placed underneath the rose.

'You seemed exhausted, so I let you sleep in late. Meet me downstairs after eating your breakfast.. Feed my kid, damn it.'

A laugh escaped me as I flung the paper away, of course he was gonna be abrupt about that. I rolled my eyes before pushing myself up, and seeing a brown bag on the nightstand. A bottle of water next to it, followed by a glass of orange juice. That lost all of the chill, as the ice melted.

The sound of laughter came from outside as I pushed the covers off, before grabbing Zayn's shirt and placing it over my head. I look up to witnessing Shawn trying to fix something on the car, before something happened that made him accidentally electrocute himself and fall.

Zayn stood to the side watching, shaking his head all while Liam chuckled loudly. Before walking forward and helping Shawn up, while checking him out. As if he noticed I had been watching, Zayn fully turned before noticing me.

My mouth dried while looking down at him, stand there completely shirtless with nothing but red sweatpants. That was different from his formal attire, when he is doing business work.

He stood there basking in his fully heated glory as I watched him, while he pushed the water up to his lips. Pulling it away right after quenching a sudden thirst, before lifting both ends of his lips up into a smirk. Fully catching me staring.