chapter 21 | We survive

warning: mature content

No. This was not okay. Nothing about this is o-fucking-kay.

I paced back and forth in Zayn's bedroom as he watched me from the door, keeping silent the entire time. We had been completely ransacked, knocked from our asses. It's already happened once by our enemies, but this time it's with my mother and her damn sick of a lover. Brooks.

Zayn and I had no idea why they were here, or what they wanted to speak with us about. I had a large eruption in front of them, before he dragged me away to his room. Not before asking Jerry to watch them, making sure no one touch anything. We didn't need a repeat of what happened last time.

There was obviously something very wrong about this, not just them showing up in the first place but the fact his sister was sitting right there. How could they have possibly known about her, and what happened.

It just didn't appear logical to me, and no one else can't say that it's not weird. I had a very hard time believing people, my trust for others is very low. It doesn't exist with them.

"Stop pacing. You're gonna exhaust yourself." Zayn says to me after a while, this obviously felt highly weird to him as well. I couldn't have just been feeling it alone, we were a team. He had to feel like it's leading to something, anything that could be used to hurt us both again. For good.

My head shook as I snorted, running both hands through my hair while looking at him. "Please, just tell me this is nothing but a funny joke. And those are impersonators, because I know my damn mother isn't in your estate. Attempting to speak with not just you, but also your mom and sisters. Along with me?" I asked him desperately, trying to make perfect sense of this.

There's no way they actually showed up here, willingly at that rate. Besides, I know that Brooks hate Zayn. Exactly why would he enter a place that could be a potential threat for him, honestly, if it was up to Zayn then I'd say we shoot until nothing else is left of him. Which is bad within itself but after everything he's put me through, I don't even want to know anything from that man at all.

Zayn sighed deeply before pushing himself off the wall, heading over to me and grabbing my shoulders. I paused during mid-pace, looking at him unexpectedly.

"Just chill out for a second, okay? I know it's weird. Hell, I'm not happy about it, either. But we have to know what they want if they came all the way here." He says in a voice that shows me that he doesn't want to do this, no more than I want to do it. But we shouldn't have to do this, no better yet, I don't want to do it.

"I don't want them here, Zayn." My voice cracking as I looked him in the eyes, feeling the need to express my full blown rage when it comes to their presence. "Every single time one of them comes around, something bad happens. This is not just a sign for us anymore, it's full blown bad omen. I don't want to be around them, and I don't want them around me. Us. Anyone here." I was growing fully protective now, everyone here obviously held an importance to Zayn.