chapter 34 | Protecting us.

Part three of the vitiate finale... :)

My heart pounded as I slowly turned around, facing Zayn as he stood there looking at me with a harsh, challenging look on his face

My heart pounded as I slowly turned around, facing Zayn as he stood there looking at me with a harsh, challenging look on his face. One that obviously didn't want to be there, but it was forced.

This wasn't my Zayn. It was the look he gave people in the business, one that didn't want to greet me with love and affection. The hurt and betrayal in his dark eyes was clear as day, I could see it from miles away. And it would still leave a great deal on me, because he knew the truth clearly.

And that's when I had officially seen them all standing there. I was surrounded. Carly, Michael and I were finally caught. Zayn's guards stood around in various places that it was almost difficult to spot them all in my peripheral vision.

Zayn snapped his fingers in my face, gaining my attention back. "Look at me, Ryder." He almost demands, obviously letting his anger control him than speaking in his normal voice.

I don't think I've ever truly seen Zayn being this mad at me, and they've probably never seen it neither. Which makes this all too unsettling for everyone in here.

Growing nervous of his state, I knew this was bound to get ugly. "Can I talk to you for a second, alone. Please?" Whispering in a soft tone, knowing that it wouldn't help my case anyway, but hoping that he wouldn't want to do this in front of everyone.

"What? You don't wanna talk this out in front of your sister and Michael? The man who almost cost me to lose you, because it seems as if you're all fucking buddy-buddy here in order to have this happen right under my fucking nose." He says eerily quiet, that it made me fearful. Not of him. But the way he'd react around others, I had no idea what the others could face. He was angry at me but the others would feel the echoes of my wrongdoing.

The moment I remained silent he knew I wasn't gonna speak like this in front of everyone; When it's clear that we have to talk in private, our business was only meant for each other.

I never was the one to air my dirty linen in public.

Zayn gave me a hurt smile full of sarcasm and self hatred. When he was like this, he was dangerous to his surroundings, wanting to destroy everything and everyone. Not that I was scared, I was always the one to dismantle the bomb.

"I will explain, but clear the room. Please," I said calmly. I interlaced my fingers on my belly, caressing it with my thumb.

As if that was what made him come out of the hole that was the deep darkness in his head, he took a deep breath, looking at me again after looking at our child that grew in my belly.

"Everyone out. Now. I won't say it twice," Zayn made everyone understood. No one dared to look at him as they all headed out, including Michael. All while Carly just stayed behind, as if she's willing to go head to head with him, messing with the already ignited flame of his nerves.