8. Part two

Vida's POV
So far the day was going good I had 1st period with Cesar which was language arts. We talked about how he felt now that he was officially a santo. He had gotten jumped in over during the summer. Then I had 2nd with ruby which was computers, thank god because that class is so boring and ruby is so smart in there. Then 3rd P.E which I hated but I had Monse in that class so it was ok. Then we all had lunch together. Then came 4th biology which was with Jamal and all we did was laugh. Then 5th was Spanish again with Monse. And now 6th I'm lowkey wishing I had a class with manny I missed him, we had become so close during the summer.

Manny's pov
The day was alright, up until lunch I couldn't keep my eyes off of Vida. I was so pissed just by seem how close she was getting to that ruby kid again that should be me right now.i was walking to my 6th period when I see Vida go inside of the class I had. I hurried and walked in to see her sitting in the corner all the way in the back.

"Hey " I said to her as I sat next to her.

"Hey manny"  She said in her little voice.

"So how's your first day of high school going" I asked trying to keep the conversation going.

"Pretty good, i have a class with everyone except in here and I was lowkey worrying but now your here so it's all good" she said smiling

"Oh for reals, hey look I'm sorry for what I did yesterday but I'm a santo and it just came-" I was trying to explain myself but she interrupted me.

"It's coo don't trip, your a santo I get it we gotta keep a reputation" then the bell rang and class started. I didn't really understand but I saw Vida all focused and ask her for help. She explained everything so well I felt dumb as fuck.

"Damn who knew big bad diabla was so good in math" I said laughing.

"I have too, I'm in charge of all the money that goes in and out of the Santos house, and the money Oscar collects from the runs and you know what" she says in a low voice.

"Oh yeh hu" I forget sometimes that she's a santo she not like every other wannabe chola, she's actually a chola and does show it. She different and I think Im falling deep for her. The bell rang and class ended.

"Hey Oscar's picking Cesar and me up , are you coming?" she asks as she puts her things in her bag.

"Yeh sure , are you going with your friends or straight for there?"

"Eh I've seen them enough for today, I think I'm go straight to wait for Oscar,why?" She's says giggling. Ahh I love that little giggle of hers.

"In that case I'll walk with you I didn't want to interrupt your time with you friends but since you not going with them"

"Okay then let's go" we started walking out to the front of school and went out the gates we walked across the street from school and waited for Oscar where we had dropped us of at in the morning. Then Cesar comes up to us and we do our handshake.

"Oscar isn't here yet" he asks

"Nope" I answered him

"I just texted him, he's on his way he fell asleep and forgot we were at school" Vida tells us. Then a few minutes later Oscar pulls up. I go into the backseat and Vida follows me.

"You're not going in the front?"Cesar asked her still holding onto the seat.

"No it's okay, I'm good here with manny" she replies and I put my arm around her shoulder.

"Alright" Cesar then puts the seat back and gets in the car. Oscar dropped me off at my house then they went to their house.

Oscar's pov
" I thought you were mad at him" I ask Vida

"yeh what happened" Cesar chimes in

"Key word 'was'" she replied with her little attitude. "We had 6th period together and sorted things out". Then we arrived to our house we all got out of my car and went inside. Cesar went to his room and Vida went to hers. I decided to have a talk with Vida.

"Hey can we talk" I say as I walk in her room she was doing homework and looked up at me.

"Yeh of course, what's up" she pushed her stuff away and motioned me to sit on the bed.

"That's what i want to know, what's up with Triste and you"

"Nothing, i mean I don't think anything"

"Do you like him?" I question her

"He's really cute and gives me butterflies when we hang out" she blurted out

"Yeh he told me he likes you and thinks you're really pretty too"

"Really when ?" She get all excited

"Over the summer when he was cross faded" I said laughing remembering him of when he told me.

"Ohh, well I don't know he hasn't asked me or told me anything"

"When he does let me know, I approve of him but you gotta trust me with these typa thing Alright"

"Yeh" she sighed. I know that ruby kid liked her too, Triste had told me about that also when he was cross faded.

"Look he's a nice guy give him a chance, he's the best outta all the guys, no pressure" I told her. She knew I wanted her to be with someone like Triste a santo . "Alright Im go make y'all dinner now" I left her room and she began to do her homework again.

Vida's pov
I really like Manny but I feel bad for ruby I don't want to hurt his feelings. I need advice. I went to Cesar room and knocked on the door.

"What's up" he said opening his door.

"I need an opinion, can we talk"

"Yeh of course" we go and sit on his bed. I tell him about how i kinda liked Triste and how ruby kissed me and what Oscar had just told me.

"Do what you think is best, if you like Triste then give him a chance and if it's not meant to be it won't be, don't worry about others, do what makes you happy" he told me

"Ok, then if Triste asked me out I say yes" I asked him.

"If that's what you want, I personal think that he is a nice guy".

"Okay, Thank you for the advice"

"Yeh no problem, my office is open for whenever you need to talk" he said sarcastically. Then I laughed as I left his room and went back to doing my homework.