11.

Few weeks later
Manny's pov
It's homecoming week and I kind of wanted to ask vida to be my date but I don't know. I've never actually gone to a school function and I don't really like dressing up. But this girl got me going crazy and for her I'd do anything. I was waiting outside of her 3rd period like always.
"Hey manny"
"Hey Vida" we hugged and made our way to get lunch. We always get lunch together then go sit down with our friends. yes our friends I guess once you get to know them there pretty chill.
"So you going to the dance today" I asked her as we got in line for lunch.

"Mmm i don't know ruby was telling me during 2nd that we should go with them they always go to dances together, are you going?"

"I don't know I've never really been to a school function but I thought if you went maybe I would go"

"Is this a homecoming proposal?" She sarcastically gasped.

"If I say yes then will you say yes" I asked fidgeting with my fingers.

"I don't know, give it a shot" she said giggling.

"Vidaa come on- fine, will you go to the homecoming dance with me?"

"Why of course I would love to manny" she said giggling.

"But there's one thing" I said nervously

"What, what's up"

"I don't really like dressing up"

"It's okay it's just homecoming you don't have to wear a suit, just wear your best cholo fit, I love it when you wear flannels, I'd take that over a tux any day" she said winking at me, which made me blush and smile. We got our lunch and made our way to the table where all of our friends were sitting. Vida sat next to the Monse and I sat next to Cesar across from her.

"I'm wearing indigo tonight, I though we should claim colors to avoid any outfit clashes, indigo any objections and my pants have red pockets , I know sounds weird but it works" ruby said breaking the awkward silence that there was.

"What are the pockets for roofies" that Olivia girl whispered to Monse but we all heard. Vida said that there was something about her that she didn't like so I didn't like her either, got support my girl. (oh we love a supportive boyfriend 😂)

"So what time should we meet?" Cesar asked

"Yeh lets get that in the books the more specific the better, what are you guys thinking like 8, 805, 810" Jamal said. Then they stated rambling like always. Then see Monse and Olivia leave angrily and I turn to the guys and they were all confused. I got up and went to sit next to vida so now I was in front of ruby.

"What just happened" ruby said as we all shrugged out shoulder

"Don't know, honestly I blanked out" Vida said.

"Same" i replied

"Well me and manny are going to the dance together so, we'll just meet you guys here" Vida informed them.