18. part two

Ruby's pov
Olivia and I were trying to bribe my abuelita into fixing her dress but she's refused to.
"Is this all you got?" Abuelita said as she mean mugged the food me and Olivia had put together. "You're my blood and don't even know how to bribe me? Qué lástima."

"Cookies?" Olivia pulled out a bin of cookies.

"it's the right direction" abuelita said as she took the bin.

"It was a mistake" I step in front of abuelita, blocking her path so she couldn't leave. "We knew how busy your are, so we went with Etsy, which was an even bigger mistake. And now I realize the mistakes of my trespasses, and I said hundreds of Hail Marys"

"We need you. Is there anything we can do to get back into your good graces and enlist your brilliant skills to fix my awful dress?"

"Well... there is something" Next thing I knew I was clean abuelitas feet and Olivia was given her a manicure. I look up and see Olivia smiling at me.

"What?"

"I'm so glad your here. I'd be freaking out without you" I was about to tell her that's what friends are for when her phone dinged. She let out a big sigh.

"What?"

"He's safe and cute. Isn't he cute?" She flips her phone and shows me a picture of the Diaz.

"Yeah" I look down at what I was doing

"Yeah" I look down at what I was doing. "If you ask me Vida's the cute one" I whisper to myself.

"You really like her hu?" Olivia asks me.

"Shit, did I say that out loud my bad"

"She's really pretty and sweet"

"Yeah but she's with Manny and he's my friend so let's just not talk about it" i say trying to change the subject.

"Well for what it's worth, I think you and Vida would make a cute couple"

Vida's pov
My brothers and I had stayed at the beach for till the sunset because I begged Oscar to. Now we were on our way home.

"Vida go inside and be careful me and Cesar have stuff to do" Oscar says as he steps out of the car so I can get out.

"You know I'm a santo too right?" I step out of the car.

"Didn't ask" Oscar gets back into the car. "Be careful, you can have Triste over if you want, just don't be stupid" I nod me head and made my way to inside the house. I go to my room and lay down on my bed. Then I hear my phone ding.

A few minutes pass and I hear a knock at my window

"I'm here" manny said as he was standing at my window.

"You coming through here or the door like a normal person" I say giggling.

"Door is to far"

"Ok then" I go lay down as he jumps in through the window.

"So why didn't you go to school?" He said as he kissed my forehead and laid next to me.

"Because..." I explain to him the whole Latrell sitch and how Oscar was probably forcing Cesar to kill Latrell right now.

"Damn that's crazy"

"Yeah"

"So about what we talked about before. About us? You still good?"

"Yeah, unless you're not"

"You know I love you with all of me but I'm not gonna hold you ba-" I interrupt him with a kiss as I lay on top of him . "So we're still good?" I nod my head.

"We're gonna keep trying till we can no longer, cause like they say true love ain't easy

"We're gonna keep trying till we can no longer, cause like they say true love ain't easy. I sit up on his lower waist, which cause him to tense up.

"Don't do that"

"Do what?" I start to rub against him. He sits up and pulls me into a kiss, which turned into a heated make out.

 He sits up and pulls me into a kiss, which turned into a heated make out

"Aye I'm back f-" I hear my door swing open. "The first thing I tell you not to do and you go do it" i hear Oscar at my door. I quickly get off manny.

"You told me I could have him over"

"I said you can invite him over, just don't be stupid and this is what I meant" he said pointing back and forth at manny and me.

"Spooky nothing was going to hap-" Manny starts to talk but gets cut off by Oscar.

"It's fine I guess, now I'm going to be in my room like I didn't see anything and I don't wanna hear no noises coming out of this room and the door stays open" Oscar chuckles and leaves.

"Well I should bounce, you need to talk to cesar and be there for him" manny said as he got up from my bed.

"That's true my poor baby is probably fucked up" I get up from my bed. "Come on I'll walk you to the door" I made my way to the door but manny wouldn't move.

"I thought I was your baby" he said as he walked up to me.

"Your my boyfriend" I looked at him up and down in a seductively way knowing he was still hard.

"Oh I gotta go before before you start and I can't stop" he said chuckling.

"Text me when you get home, ok" I say giggling.

"Ok I will mami" he kissed my forehead and left. I went to Cesar's room to check up on him but he wasn't there. I decided to take a shower to make time. Once I got out I went to check up on Cesar still no sign of him. I went to my room to check my phone, I only had messages from manny.

Manny's pov
For some reason I had a weird feeling about the quince. Vida and I were having issues, well not issues but we just were confused. I decided to write her a letter just in case anything happened. 'The morning of the quince I'll give it to sad eyes and tell him if anything happens to give it to vida and if nothing happens to give it back to me and I'll rip it up' I thought to myself. Something just didn't feel right. I place the letter on my night stand and went to sleep.