17.

Next day
Everyone was gathered at Ruby's house, he was blowing up everyone's phones with ideas for Olivia's quince. When it came to party planning Ruby took it serious and went overboard.

Vida's pov
We were all chilling on the dining table when ruby slams a book 'Olivia's quince' on the table.
"Everyone please open your e-devices and find the email I sent titled winning" ruby instructs us. "Find it? Good, because after copious hours of searching though Olivia's quincespiratioms I've complied the best ideas on a Pinterest page on the link below her headshot"

"Where's Olivia" Cesar asks with an attitude.

"The princesa doesn't need to be bothered with the details, now anyone else have a dumb question? Huh? good" Ruby asks sounding smart. "Now before we really get going I'd like to remind you that we're not just friends and family, we're damas and chambelanes in Olivia's court de honor" I see Manny put on a confused face.
"You too babe, so you can be my partner" I whisper in his ear and hugs me tight as sit in his lap.

"Anything for you mamas"

"which means be honorable and dedicated. So, take a look at our mandatory rehearsal schedule-" he gets cut off by a phone call. "Excuse me i need to take this, Ruby's Fancy Festivities" ruby says with a huge smile and i giggle what a dork.

"Think that's your mom" Cesar asks monse as we were looking at her computer.
"Yeah" monse replies

"Just do it" he commands

"Laura Diaz?" I ask

"I couldn't exactly use my real name I don't want to scare her off" Monse said making an excuse.

"Monse Diaz, aww now i want you to be my sister in law" I winked. Ruby starts to ramble something about a goat, then assigns responsibilities.

"I'll handle music" Cesar states.

"Great minds think alike compa, Manuel and Vida can help you, Monse you're gonna do invitations"

"No" Monse snap at ruby

"Use card stock" Then Ruby assigns Jamal to cater but abuelita she's she'll do that and Jamal can get the flowers.

Next day
Cesar's pov
We were all in Ruby's living room getting ready for quince practice.
"He's not eccentric, he's a quincecabra" I hear Monse tell Olivia I didn't really want to be there, I was just on my phone the whole time ignoring them. When I hear Jasmine at the door.
"The talent, bitches. Hey!" I get off my phone and sigh I can't believe I'm here. Ruby and jasmine demonstrated the dance.
"Ow!" Ruby whisper yells as jasmine slapped his face.

"and that's just a taste. Yeah, I got you shook. You see, I'm like a tootsie pop you got to keep licking till you get to the surprise" she takes her Asthma inhaler and puts it at her mouth, Then she starts to argue with Olivia about her dress.

Ruby's pov
"Music to my ears, everybody grab your partner, Olivia and Cesar, Jamal and Monse, Vida and Manuel, me and Jasmine" I shout.

"That's music to my ear" jasmine says as she starts to cup my checks.

"On second thought better pair the good with the bad, you go work with Jamal, Monse!" I shout as I push jasmine away. I start the music and we all start to dance.

"Don't give me that look" I say to monse

"But you said I needed a better face" she snapped at me.

"Yeah but not the kind that makes you look ugly, better face not bitter face" I snap back at her.

"I'm gonna shut up right now and silently hate on you" she says and looks down at her feet.

"Okay, just don't look at your feet while you do it, head up, shoulders back" I shout.
Then I look over to Vida and see her all giggle with manny, I notice Monse staring at Cesar as he trips. " he tripped because he's looking at his feet" I sigh

"So ironic" monse says looking back at me.

"actually it's not ironic it's counterintuitive, irony would be the fact that we're dancing with each other and not with our crushes"

"The twins both look good in their couple" Monse puts on a fake smile.

"Yeah. And what was I thinking? girls like Vida don't go for guys like me" I sigh

"Why not?"

"same reason guys like Cesar don't go for girls like you"

Next day
Vida's pov
We were chillin at Ruby's house yet again for another rehearsal. We were currently waiting for our food and Jamal to arrive.

"unacceptable!" Ruby shouts.

"what's up" Cesar asks looking up from his phone.

"Jamal just late-cancelled practice" ruby replied "he's fired, we need a new replacement"

"Oh, i can't dance both parts!" Jasmine shouts then we hear the door bell ring.

"We can't replace Jamal" monse argues.

"I don't know anyone eles" Olivia adds.

"well, consider this an opportunity to make new friends" Ruby says as he walks to the door and then tries to ask the food delivery guy if he was available for a quince, then Monse snaps at him. He closes the door and places the food on the center table. "Okay, lets dive in."

"Yes!" Jasmine shouts as we all reach for the food.

"Not...not the food!" Ruby slaps all of our hands. "Let's dive into the agenda, food is for inspiration, food is for closers" Ruby starts to ramble about a horse then gets cut off by Olivia.

"No!" Olivia shouts.

"what's the problem, princesa?" Ruby asks in a really caring way.

"you! you're the problem. Take dinner. We're adjourned" then everyone reaches for the food again but ruby stops us.

"but you haven't earned it yet!" Ruby shouts

"enough! A quince is supposed to be a celebration but now it's a chore, nobody wants to do this, least of all me, it's cancelled the quince is off, see you at school tomorrow" Olivia hands Monse and Cesar a bag of food and storms off to her room with on in her hand. Monse decided to leave so Cesar walked her home. Jasmine grabs a bag of food then left, ruby decides to go talk to Olivia

"Babe you wanna go now" manny asks me.

"I feel bad, I think I should talk to ruby I want him to know he's appreciated" I reply fidgeting with my fingers.

"what she did was fucked up, well I'm bounce sad eyes will get worried, I'll see you tomorrow?" He stands up and grabs a bag off food.

"Yeh ok and text me when you get home" he bends down to kiss me.

"Will do and you too text me, make sure ruby is watching when you leave I don't want anything to happen to our fine ass" I nod my head then he leaves and I wait for ruby to come back to the living room.