18.

Next morning
Vida's pov
I had nothing to do so I decided to get ready just in case we went any somewhere. I hear my door open and close really quickly, I walked out of my room and saw Cesar tip toeing away.
"Where are you going?" I whisper yelled.

"To school, I have a math test"

"Oscar is going to kill you"

"Cover for me please"

"I'll try but if we get caught, you know I can't lie to Oscar" he nods his head and leaves. I walk back into my room and got dressed.

"Aye you down to go to the beach" Oscar asks as he enters my room

"Yeah of course" he leaves me room and then I hear him yell.

"Where the fuck is cesar" he yells as he storms into my room.

"u-u- at school" I mutter.

"We're leaving now hurry" I grab my small backpack and head out following Oscar to his car.

Cesar pov
I walked as fast as I could to get to school. I see ruby and the girls from a distance so I made my way up to them.

^i didn't feel like writing out the whole scene but it's exactly what happened 😂

I get a notification, I check my phone it was vida.

I leave them and walk to the back of the school, I open the gate to the furthest it can open and go through and into the car.

Vida's pov
"You don't need to say it" Cesar said as he gets in the car.

"I'm gonna day it, what the hell is wrong with you? You can't be out here in the open.

"I'm sorry,but I had a math test. This teacher will fail my ass..."

"Goddamn math test?!"  Oscar yells and hits the dashboard which makes me flinch. "I told you to stay at the crib, Why can't you understand like your sister. Use your head, before someone puts a bullet in it" Oscar holds his hands in a gun shape and pushes Cesar head.

"Oscar!" I shout

"I'm sorry Alright" Cesar shouts

"It's sucks being stuck. Just don't be so stupid" Oscar says calming down as Cesar nods his head quickly. "so what should we do about the situation?" Cesar turns his head quick at Oscar them looks at me in the backseat. "I say we have some fun, lil' spooky" Oscar chuckles and lights up a blunt. Cesar begins to laugh and we start to pass the blunt around. "I told your twin I'd take her to the beach so let's do that" Oscar turns the engine on and we made our way to the beach.

At the beach
"11 miles, might as well be 11 million. Can't believe I never come to the beach" Cesar said. We decided to get some burgers and sit on a log that was in the sand. Cesar was on one side of Oscar and I was on the other.

"I was out here 3 months ago. The night I got out of Corcoran. After four years in a 6 by 8, I need to see something big, open." Oscar says then we all take a bite of our burgers. I take a bite and taste onion.

"Ugh I hate onions" I say as I pull the onion out of my burger.

"You too?" Oscar asks as he takes Cesar's onion and my onion out of our hands.

"Y'all ever try a shallot?"

"A whaaa?" I say

"What's a shallot" Cesar asks at the same time as me.

"And you guys are the ones who go to school, the smart ones" Oscar says chuckling. "A shallot, my genius siblings, is a type of onion. A botanical variety of the species allium cepa" Oscar said in a smart voice.

"Who are you" I ask

"Spelling bee champ, seventh and eighth grade. That's who I am. Shit if I wasn't looking after Cesar I would've hit that magnet school up in Pasadena"

"Now you're just messing with us" Cesar buds in.

"De veras, homes. All my teachers wrote letters for me. Even the principal. Told mom I was gifted" Oscar said as he looked at Cesar then at me.

"So why didn't you go" I ask

"And leave Cesar alone?" I sometimes forget we don't have our parents, I guess it because I didn't live much with them. "I had plans to ace that magnet school then go to culinary school"

"My brother, the chef" Cesar says as he gulps down a bite.

"Hey, you joke, but that shit could've been real."

"Okay, so spooky use shallot in a sentence." I challenge him.

"Give me all your shallots, byatch" we all giggle. After we finish eating we decided to talk a walk.

"I can get used to this" Oscar puts his arm around my shoulder.

"Good 'cause I'm gonna move here some day" Cesar states with a confidence. Then Oscar chuckles. "I'm serious" Cesar slaps his arm that was wrapped around me.

"What are you gonna be one of those crazy homeless dudes at the Venice drum circle with dreads and henna tats? We'll visit you in your box"

"Screw a box. Gonna have a killer house, first of all and second you guys aren't visiting"

"Excuse me? Bitch I didn't even want to visit you" I interrupt my twin.

"Clam down you guys are doing to live here with me"

"Opps" I start laughing

"Who says I want to live in a beach house" Oscar stops walking and Cesar puts his hand up in a 'my bad' way. "Yeah, i guess I could live in a beach house". I receive a notification for my phone and stop listen to my brothers conversation.

When I finally look up form my phone I see Oscar walking away and Cesar just standing there smiling

"Come on lets go" Cesar grabs my arm and walks us to Oscar.