28.

A month later
Vida's pov
"Hermano! Herrrrmano!" I heard Jamal shout as I walked up to squad.

"Hey" I greeted them.

"Hey" they all responded.

"Um, I can get your ticket, if you need some me time." Monse told Cesar.

"Thanks. Catch you guys later. I think I need some me time." Cesar said and walked away form us.

"Great idea. I'll join you. Life buy me ticket please." Jamal said as he handed my money and followed Cesar.

"Why are you in line? You going to the dance?" Monse asked Ruby as we all got in line.

"Hells Yeah! I'm ready to be my old self again. So don't be scared." Ruby replied.

"Of what? Two. Please!" Monse told the cashier.

"Me too. Two please" I said after her.

"Of my expectational dance moves. I'm gonna win that competition."

"Save your money! Your ticket's been taken care of." Jasmine said as she appeared next to Ruby.

"It has? By who?" Ruby asked.

"that's a great question. You three... follow me!" Jasmine said as she lead the way.

"And you? You finally going?" Monse asked me.

"Yeah, Spooky is forcing me to go. He said I need to go out, even though he was the one who keep me on house arrest during the whole winter break. He's making me come with some santos." I tell her.

"What? So you're not coming with us?" Monse frowned.

"I'll try to be around. Plus Spooky doesn't know I've been hanging out with Cesar so... I gotta keep it on the low." Then we ended up at the gym.

"After deep-diving through your insta likes and cataloging your crushes over the years these ladies have all met the pre-reqs. On a scale from one to freak, these girls are all pinky-deep. While some of them are here for the wrong reasons, they all want a shot...sorry, chance, to be your date for the valentine's dance." Jasmine said as she handed us clipboards.

"This is disgusting! Ruby, Vida let's get..." Monse begins but Ruby interrupts.

"To our seats! Don't be rude, Monse! Jasmine made us placards." We went and sat down at a table that had name tags, 'Jasmine, Ruby, Girl?, Vida'

"To make sure nobody felt uncomfortable, I invited Monse, the least sexual person at our school. But I also invited Vida, the most beautiful girl at our school, so you guys can see Ruby's standards" Jasmine said then took a seat.

"You want me to judge these girls?" Monse asked Jasmine.

"Hell, no. Ruby is doing the judging. Your clipboard is, so you can take notes as to what a girl is supposed to look and act like. Vida you're just here to look cute" Jasmine winks at me. "Contestants? Are you ready?"

"You're calling them contestants?" Monse asked.

"What? They like it" Jasmine said with a mad face. "Write this down, 'girls are competitive'" Ruby began to write but Monse snatched the pencil from his hand. "If anyone's here because they want to finger Ruby's bullet wound, please leave now."

"That's so gross, who would-" I whisper to Monse then a girl leaves.

"And then there were nine. Okay, first up, Mia and Ellie. If you think they look alike, it's because they're... identical twins! Best part? If one breaks down, you got a backup. Next! Margarita, my girl! She's funny, she's smart, and if all that's not true... her boobs!" Jasmine said like if she was a referee.