15. part two

Vida's pov
We arrived home we all stayed outside and hung around. After a while I noticed Olivia and ruby go inside their house.

"Hey babe I need to talk to ruby, I'll be back" I tell Manny, he nods his head in a yes form. I crossed the street and made my way up the stairs of Ruby's porch. I knock on the door and Olivia opens it.

"I need to talk to ruby"

"Okay come in" she goes and sit on the couch next to him.

"Can we talk outside" I was standing in front of him now.

"Yeh" we make our way out and stand near the gate.

"Are you good?"

"Yeh"

"Are we good?"

"Yeh"

"Look I never wanted to hurt, I was going to talk to you about it but Monse said it before I could"

"Your not hurting me, I understand your with Manny"

"Oscar wants me to be with him because he's a santo but I don't know I always told myself I wouldn't be with a santo, I'm sorry ruby-" he cuts me off.

"it's okay don't be sorry, You see there's something called the long game and that's what im playing so fly along babygirl, test the waters and enjoy your Triste treat and I mean that cause nothing is going to taste better then this Ruben and you may not know it yet but I'm going to be the love of your life so good night my dear sleep well and dream about our wedding colors because I'm down with anything beige" he makes his way to his porch. "I guess I'll have to wait and that's fine I'll wait another lifetime if I have too" I hear ruby whisper. 

I wanted to say something but the words just didn't come out so left and made my way back to Manny and sat in his lap. I was happy with him, right? Of course. I could see Ruby looking as he turned around to close his door. I felt guilty he said he love me and what was i doing, I'm dating our friend. I really felt bad for doing this to ruby but I had no choice.

"You good mamas" I feel Manny put a piece of my hair behind my ear.

"Yeh, i just feel bad for ruby I didn't want to hurt him" I said as I put my head down.

"Don't be baby, he'll understand or did he say anything bad right now" he said putting my chin up.

"No he told me he was fine, and that's everything is fine"

"See don't worry" I nod my head. We hung outside with all the Santos outside till everyone left and my brother and I went inside into our own rooms.

"Hey can I come in" Cesar said as he opens my door.

"Yeh What's up" I sit up and pull my earphones out.

"Monse said were done and wants me to be with Olivia" he starts crying and hugs me.

"Oh mano I'm sorry"

"What do I do?"

"I don't know" he ending up falling asleep in my bed and I don't bother moving him. I pulled my blanket over him and fell asleep next to him.