26.

Next morning
Vida's pov
I had a massive headache, I didn't realize how much I had drank. I hear my phone ring and with blurry vision I checked it.

Hamal 💛: long story, short I found the RollerWorld money and then I lost it but I know where it's at I just need to find. I know I'm complicated but I thought you should know since your my bestie. The fam and I are going to look for it, wanna come?

Life 💛: HOLY SHIT THE MONEY IS REAL, and I'd love to but I don't think Spooky will let me go out, I'm on like house arrest

Hamal 💛: oh okay, the last thing I want to do is make Spooky mad, I'll fill you in later with the details

Life 💛: ok thank you for letting me know, I love you 💛

Hamal 💛: I love you too 💛

It was around noon, I went out to the kitchen find something to help me with this hangover. 'There's never food in this house when I need it'. I heard Oscar yell outside so I made my way to the window and watched for inside. It was ruby.

"What?" Ruby kicked the carte that Oscar had his foot on. 'Oh shits about to go down'.

"Just wants to check up on you. You good?" Oscar said calmly, which was surprising he would of killed anyone eles.

"No. I'm not good!" Ruby yelled.

"Yo. Chill out."

"Chill out? That's all you got as you sit there on your damn throne? I got shot! And my friends, two of the most amazing people I ever known, died because of you and for what? Nothing! Nothing but some bullshit thief that means nothing! And that night won't stop playing on auto repeat in my head, and every time I move my arm, which is often because I'm a gesticulator, it kills, further reminding me of that night, thanks to you, so don't tell me to chill out!" Ruby finishes his rant and catches his breath.

"You must be in the anger stage." Oscar says then takes a sip of his beer, then all the Santos laugh. I decided to walk out to the porch to make them stop and I could tell Ruby was furious.

"Aye spooky there's no food y tengo hambre" i shout and like I expected everyone stopped  laughing and looked at me.

"Alright I'll go down to the bodega, take care of my sister foos. Martinez vamos" Oscar said as he made his way to the impala.

"But I got to meet up with my friends" Ruby complained.

"I didn't ask now get in the car" then the impala drives off down the street.

Later at night

Vida 👸🏻💙: I packed your backpack full of clothes and left it outside near my window, come pick it up, Oscar's outside cooking near the driveway so he won't see you.

Cesar ♥️♥️: I told you not to worry about me, I don't want you to get in trouble, but thank you I'm on my way right now

Vida 👸🏻💙: I don't care, I'm going to worry about you not matter what, please be careful. I love you ♥️

Cesar ♥️♥️: I love you too ♥️

After I dropped of Cesar bag I decided to check up on the food. I'm outside already might as well.

"Good. You're excused." Oscar told ruby.

"I'm excused?" Ruby asked Oscar. I decided to stay back and wait till Ruby left since I hadn't talked to him. I stood near Oscar's impala and just watched them.

"Yup

"Yup. I listened, you listened, Vida gets feed. We're good. You can go."

"Uh...okay." Ruby mutters.

"Or you could stay." Oscar says as he opens a beer and places it on Ruby's work space. 'Great' I whisper to myself. "Taste it." Oscar says as he shoves a piece of squid in Ruby's face. "Expand your palate, homie." Then Oscar forces the squid into Ruby's mouth.

"Damn. Get off me already." Ruby complains as his phone rings. "It's my mom. She was on me about going to church, on me about hanging out with my friends. Now she's blowing me up wondering were I am. Now can I just be left alone already?"

"Pressures of the privileged." Oscar says as he cuts the meat.

"Privileged?" Ruby's scoffs. "I live in a house with bars on the window."

"With two parents inside and a college future waiting outside. Don't whine to me about your mom. No one was there to take care of the twins and me, that's why I had to send Vida away."

"I didn't mean to..." Ruby starts but get interrupted by Oscar.

"Be ungrateful? I get that you got shot. But why do you think no one came to finish the job? Because of me! And think about how fast that truce happened. Me, again." Oscar shouted.

"I'm sorry. I didn't know" Ruby says in a low voice.

"Yeah there's a lot of things you don't know. Like what it's like to walk into a job interview with the a record. You think Walmart's gonna hire someone with two strikes?

"See, I wouldn't work there. They have poor employee satisfaction." Ruby answered.

"Are you joking?" Oscar slams the knife on the table. "This shit's real! That's the kind of stuff that makes a man snap!" Oscar points his two fingers to his head. "But being mad at the world won't help you. It'll only hurt you" Oscar began to chop the meat again.

"Hey it's okay" I walk up to them and rub Oscar's back. I know it's tough on him, he always talks to me how he wishes he could of gave me and Cesar a better life but we know we could never. This is our destiny, it was write before any of us was born. I take a piece of meat out the grill and taste it. "mmm this is so good"

"Glad you liked it." Oscar mutters and smiles. I was his 'weakness' or at least that's what everyone said, I could make him smile within seconds in any situation.

"Hey Ruby" I finally say.

"Hi Vida" he responds.