27. part 2

After school
Vida's pov
We were a gathered at Ruby's dining table, expect for Jamal, like always.

"We have to move the money." Jamal said as he walked into the house, it looked like he had just ran a mile. "I can't be the keeper alone. It's not safe." Jamal then took a seat next to Monse, I was next to Cesar because i wanted to take advantage of him being here and me being able to see him.

"Abuelita, I reserved the table for a two-hour block. Did you not see my note on the fridge?" Ruby asked Abuelita. She was sitting straight across from him so she acted like she couldn't hear.

"It's fine. She knows about the money." Jamal answer for Abuelita.

"Okay. Well since we found the money, I've done copious research." Ruby said after he gave Abuelita a suspicious look.

"This is why we're best friends." Jamal interrupts Ruby.

"You're best friends?" Monse asked.

"Yeah. You guys get to make out" Jamal pointed his head at Monse and Cesar. "Ruby gets to be my best friend, Life gets to be my bestie which are two completely different things. It's a trade-off. Best friend present." Jamal made a fist and Ruby showed us a page of his notebook.

'How to lose my virginity by 18' • Vida realizes she loves me back • Cesar's sloppy seconds • Get SWOLE • Court older women (Preferably the first bullet point) I read the pages as Jamal and Abuelita bursted out laughing

• Vida realizes she loves me back
• Cesar's sloppy seconds
• Get SWOLE
• Court older women
(Preferably the first bullet point)
I read the pages as Jamal and Abuelita bursted out laughing. 'He still really loves me' I squeal on the inside, no I can't feel like this I'll be betraying Manny.

"Ew! And no!" Monse shouts. Cesar squints his eyes to read the page.

"So you trynna take my girl and my sister" Cesar asked. Then Ruby looked at the page and flipped it to another that said 'money laundering'.

"Okay, team! We have 37-year-old cash that's we can't spend without raising eyebrows. And we've all seen breaking bad. We need a cash business" Ruby said which shut everyone up.

"vente, cuarenta, sesenta..." Abuelita counted out loud.

"Abuelita, please! We're trying to think how to clean the money." Ruby interrupts her.

"Jamal, you dad literally owns a business." Cesar buds in.

"Wow finally you used your big head" I say as I clap my hands and he scoffed at me.

"No way. My dad's super particular about the books. It would never work. But what if we started our own business? How's Ruben's fancy festivities coming along? Jamal quickly response and questions Ruby.

"At least three years away from launch, pending a Silicon beach cash infusion." Ruby's answers.

"cuatro cientos sesenta mas Dos cientos sesenta..." Abuelita adds out loud.

"Seven twenty" Monse answer her math problem.

"Aah! I put down to much." Abuelita chuckles. Then Ruby's phone vibrates.

"Hello" Ruby answers phone. "Cool. Gotta go."
"I don't know! average?" Then Ruby hangs up. "Jamal measure my neck."

"Okay, no. You need to give me your phone." Jamal says as he snatches Ruby's phone. "This is not a joke. We're trying to move the money, and you're over here playing twiddly- thumbs with Jazmaspaz. Just don't text her back"

"As if it were that easy!" Ruby shouts. "I have a moral obligation to reply."

"Since when you got to be all up on Jasmine?" I ask.

"Exactly!" Jamal shouted.

"Since when you gotta be jealous?" Cesar mocked my voice. Ruby just blushes and looked away.

"Or what?" Jamal shouted to ruby. "The universe is going to strike you down again?"

"Maybe! You know what? I'm calling it for today. I think we're hitting a wall. Let's reconvene tomorrow after a good night's sleep."

"Take your damn phone..." Jamal whispered as he threw Ruby his phone.

Next day
Second period had just finished so me and Ruby walked out of class. We saw Monse and Cesar walking down the hall so we joined them.

"Isn't that's a ship?" Monse asked Cesar.

"And a hotel." Cesar answered.

"It's suppose to be haunted." Ruby budded in as I stood next to me twin. "Speaking of paranormal, I think Jasmine might be the Candyman. I'm starting to feel really paranoid. It's like every time I say her name a few times , she just appears." Then Jamal appears next to Ruby out of nowhere and we all gasp.

"Sorry

"Sorry. Did I scare you? There's lot of that going around lately. It's like one second you're minding your own business and then bam!" Jamal shouts then we all gasp and pause. "Beady eyes and rosy checks staring right at you."

"I know what you mean." Ruby says as he grabs Jamal's shoulder. "Although I wouldn't really say Jasmine has beady eyes."

"Jasmine? Who's talking about Jasmine?" Jamal asks and we take a step forward.

"I am! 'Cause every time I say her name a few times, she just appears. It's like 'Jasmine, Jasmine, Jasmine!'"

"Boo!" Jasmine sings as she appears in front of us and we all gasp and jump on each other. "I found you!"

 "I found you!"

"You did." Ruby sighs as Jasmine takes him away from me.

"What's wrong? You look pale. Are you okay?" Jasmine asks Ruby.

"No! I'm not okay!" Ruby shouts and takes a seat on the stairs. "Good vibes, good vibes, good vibes."

"Hey, we'll catch you guys." Cesar says as we walks away with Monse.

"Yeah me too, I got P.E next and I have to turn in a note to the coach" I say as I point to my ankle, which was okay now but Oscar didn't want me to risk it. I wave to them and make my way to the gym. I went on with the rest of my day, after school the boys said they were going to have a meeting but since Monse wasn't going I didn't want to either so I stayed home and took a nap. Now that I knew that Cesar was staying at Jamal's I could finally sleep peacefully again.