21.

At the party
Manny's pov
The whole fam and I were outside setting up tables, chairs, last minute decorations and other stuff.
"Ooo I love this song ruby dance with me" I hear Vida say as a Bachata song came on. I wasn't trippin I hated dancing and ruby was good at it.

Ruby looked so happy with Vida, I know if anything is going to happen tonight he'll take care of her. That's when it hit me 'shit what if something does happen tonight, I have to breakup with her'.

Vida's pov
After setting up outside we all got together in the living room to chill, it's been a long day and the party is barely getting started.
"We got a full house" ruby says as he looks out the window. "You ready to get this party started?" He backs up from the window. "Agh!"

"I think I might have to go home." Jasmine was really sick.

"What's wrong with you?" Ruby asks.

"I don't know I just keep passing out"

"You have to rally. I can wear gloves."

"I'm down with that. It's about to get dirty up in... here." Jasmine says as she passes out.

"Jasmine! Jasmine!" Ruby shouts.

"Taste my juicy nalga!" Jasmine shouts and we all jump. "Dos quesadillas por favor"

"Can someone escort Jasmine home?" Ruby pushes Jasmine towards the door.

"No" everyone shouts.

"Me and manny can make sure she gets home" I say as I get up. We follow Jasmine home and make sure she goes inside. Then we make our way back to the party.

"Aye before we go back inside, can we talk?" Manny says as he pulls me from the porch.

"Yeah What's wrong?" I ask.

"Look I was thinking, this isn't really working out is it? I'm just starting to think we weren't meant to be a couple, we're better at being best friends. I mean sure I love you but it's just not in us."

"But I don't want to lose you manny"

"And you won't we'll always be best friends, ride or dies like Bonnie and Clyde. Look we tried and tried but it's just..."

"Promise?" I hold out my pinky

"I promise you Vida Rene Diaz that I'll be there for you till the day I die no matter what" he locks his pinky with mine.  "Now lets go inside or Ruby's going to go more crazy then he already is" we walk inside and hear ruby yelling.

"Everyone in the living room now" Ruby's shouts. Manny and I enter the house.

"I'm not dancing with Cesar" Olivia says

"What? Ruby shouts

"Why?" Monse adds.

"We just broke up" Olivia calmly says.

"Yeah us too" manny says as we walk over to them.

"Are you kidding me? This whole day is falling apart. Cesar, Manny your guys timing is terrible" Ruby shouts in anger.

"She dumped me." Cesar and Manny said at the same time. Of course Manny wasn't going to let anyone know he called it off, he always puts me before him.

"We dumped each other" Olivia and I say at the same time. We all chuckle a bit.

"If you guys aren't going to dance with each other then who are you guys going to dance with?" Ruby asks.

"You" Olivia says to ruby.

"What about Vida?"

"I can dance with Manny, we're still best friends" I say.

"Oh ok" I knew ruby wanted to dance with me but he had to dance with Olivia since he was the best dancer. Minutes later we were doing the waltz everyone applauded as we finished.

"Oh, your hair is falling." Monse says as she pulls Olivia off the dance floor. I follow behind them.

"I know I don't seem like I know what I'm doing but... I don't know what I'm doing" I hear monse say.

"Here let me help" I walk close to them and fix Olivia's hair. "Is that good?" I ask Monse.

"Yeah, perfect like you guys"

"Like all three of us" I correct her.

"Thank you guys for having my back" Olivia pulls us into a hug and kisses our check.

"Cesar and I are just friends" Monse blurts out.

"Are you trying to make us believe that or yourself?" Olivia ask Monse.

"I'm not trying to do anything or start anything..."

"But it started before I got here." Olivia interrupts Monse. "Cesar's the guy from summer."

"How do you know that?" Monse stares at me.

"I didn't say anything I promise" I say as I put my hands up.

"She didn't, and because I do. Just like I know I don't know how to do hair or wear dresses, and how I know Vida's fake smile from her real smile. I know you guys and I love you guys. So whatever mixed up scene of loyalty you're feeling right now, and I know you're feeling some, chuck it. Be loyal to you. Stop trying to please everybody but you. Life's to short. Be with Cesar and you Vida be with Ruby. Consider it your guys birthday gift to me." We pull each other into a group hug.

"I'm sorry interrupt, but i need my cousin" ruby says as he pulls Olivia away. (Just to clarify the whole thing with Ruby and Olivia liking each other never happened in this story, they like each other as cousins).

"Come lets go dance with the guys" I drag Monse with me too where Cesar and Manny were at. A slow song comes up Monse with Cesar start to slow dance so Manny and I did too.

Manny's pov      
(4-ever nb ridaz)
"Have I ever told you lady That you mean the world to me And you know I'm gonna love you forever Forever you and me Have I ever told you baby That you're always on my mind And you know I'm gonna love you forever Until the end of time"

I sang along to the song that was playing as Vida and I slow danced, I wish I could just stay in her arms like this forever. "Can I tell you something?" I ask Vida as I look down at her.

"Yeah?"

"I've been having this weird feeling about tonight, since last week and that's the only reason why I broke up with you. I had a feeling something was gonna happen to me but nothing has happened..."

"So...? You wanna try again?" She interrupts me.

"The night isn't over yet anything could happen, but... if nothing happens, can we?"

"Yeah... I love you so much" She hugs me.

"I love you too" I hug her back.