28. part 2

At the dance
Vida's pov
Ramiro and I were with some other santos we had met up with.

"loosen up girl, your finally out for once so let's have some fun" one of the santo girls said as she pulled me to the dance floor.

"I know, I know" I said as I began to dance so they would stop bugging me.

"Ladies and gents, the Valentine dance competition is starting!" The dj announces Everyone makes a circle around booth.

The competition had started and couples were going up, then the football coach stopped everything and order Jamal to track this phone and found it in Tyrone's pocket, then the dance began again.

"Next up, everybody make some noise for The Great Jazz B" The Dj announces.

"You'll be great, I can't cheer for you because well you know but I'm all for you. I'll be cheering on the inside" I whisper to Ruby, which makes him turn completely red. Then I made my way to the back with Ramiro, we sat down at a table.

"And we have a winner!" The dj shouts. "The Great Jazz B has just won a $50 gift card to...Chili's!"

"Hey Ramiro that's my homeboy, can I go congratulate him" I ask

"Sure. Im go see what's up with that morenita that keeps eyeing me. I'll see you back home?" He chuckles.

"Ok take care" I giggle as I made my way towards the squad but a song came on and all of the sudden I couldn't breathe all these flashbacks hit me. It's the song that was playing while Manny got shot, I couldn't do more but to walk to the bathroom. I stayed inside a stall till the song was over and I was capable of walking. I decided to go home, as I walk out through the front door someone bumped into me.

"What the hell- Jamal?" I asked confused.

"I'm- Vida"

"Where are you going I thought you were working the whole dance" I asked.

"I was but Cesar not okay, you should go over to my house I think he might need you" Jamal said as he went down the stairs.

"Okay, I'll meet you there" I pointed to my heels then Jamal began speed walk. I went down the stairs and someone bumped into me again, making me almost fall.

"What's wrong with you peopl-" I shout.

"I'm sorry, I wasn't looking" Ruby said as he wiped his tears.

"Ruby? What's wrong?" I ask.

"Oh hey Vida, it's nothing" He shrugs.

"Was it the song too?" I ask him.

"Yeah" He sniffled.

"It caught me off guard too" I said as I stood in front of him fiddling with my fingers.

"We Im going home, Ive had enough for tonight" he spoke up.

"Me too. Do you mind if we walk together?" I ask.

"Me? Of course I'll walk with you" his face lightens up.

"Well I have to go to Jamal's to check up on Cesar, so..."

"I'll drop you off don't worry. Spooky wouldn't want you out by yourself" we began to walk home in silence but it wasn't awkward, it never was with him.

"Well this is my stop"

"Do you want me to wait?" Ruby asked as he stands in front of me so we are face to face.

"No it's okay, thank you tho"

"Are you sure? It's not safe"

"Its okay my house is only like 5 house away, and my brother's Spooky no one's messing with me" I reply.

"I just don't want to lose another friend" Ruby's eyes were now glossy and teary.

"We're going to get through this together I promise" I said as I held his hands. "Now go home take a break, don't over think I'll be fine" I kissed the side of his lips and he went pale. "I'm sorry I shouldn't have"

"It's fine" he smiled and stared at my lips for a while. Next thing I knew he grabbed my face and pulled me into a kiss. It was a long and hungry makeout. "I'm sorry that was to much" he pulled away.

"Goodnight Ruby" I chuckled and made my way up to Jamal's door. I knocked on the door and turned around to see Ruby smiling at himself, I waved at him and he left of how embarrassed he was.

"Hi honey" Mrs. Turner said as she opened the door. "Baby what are you doing out alone? Your brother is going to go crazy."

"Hi Mrs. Turner, I wasn't Ruby walked my here, it just Jamal said Cesar wasn't okay and I was wondering if I could see him" I fidget with my fingers.

"Of course baby, come in" she backs up and I walk into the house. "You know the way, make yourself at home" I nod my head a walk to Jamal's room. Once I open the door I see Cesar crying on Jamal's shoulder.

"Mano?" I whisper.

"Vida" he chokes out and walks up to hug me.

"I'll give you guys some space" Jamal said as he walked out.

"She's gone" Cesar cried.

"Who?" I asked. He explained everything to me about Monse. "It's okay" I pat his back.

"Thank you for coming to see me" he was calm now. "I should get to sleep so the Turner's can too"

"Okay Goodnight, I'll see around"

"Goodnight mi Vida" he walks to Jamal's bed and laid down so I walked out. As I walked out I saw all the Turners on the couch.

"I'm getting going" I say as I made my way to them.

"Okay baby, it's was nice seen you again" Mrs. Turner said.

"Likewise and I just wanted to say thank you, for taking in my brother it's means so much to me" I start to tear up. "I-I I haven't been about to sleep but now I can knowing that he's here and safe. Thank you so much I promise one day we'll play you back"

"No worries, Cesar is like family to us. The doors of our house are always open for you guys" Mr. Turner said.

"Thank you, Goodnight" I said as I made my way to the door.

"Goodnight" They all said together.