Chapter 19

I woke up in the woods. The wind slightly blowing. Making the air cool. I inhaled the hot summer scent. I looked around and noticed I was near the river. Not the river with the cherry blossom tree. This river looks familiar. I was confused.

"Good Evening baby girl." A womans voice echoed through the woods. I stood up and looked around.

"Who yourself." I demanded. I reached for my zanpakuto but they werent there. Dammit.

"Aww Kaia you look so grown up." The female voice said again. I turned around and saw a black figure in a shadow inbetween trees.

"Mom?" I asked. She stepped out of the shadow. She opened her eyes and those big bright red eyes looked into mine. I was shocked, scared, happy. A smile appeared on my lips and next thing I know I was hugging her.

"I missed you." I softly said in her shoulder.

"I miss you to baby." She kissed my for head. Her moved a piece of my blonde hair out of my face. She smiled. I smiled back at her.

"You found your inner self." She touched my shoulder.

"Yea. Apparently Im the key of light." I shrugged.

"Listen to me, you know your the key, you are powerful. Sweet heart, you have to find the black heart before its to late. You dont know how to use the key. You need practice. I came here to warn you." She looked me in the eye. Her face was serious.

"Mom I dont get it. How do I use the key? Whats the black heart?" I stood up.

"Thats not my place to tell you. You'll find out soon." She stood up and hugged.

"Finally I see my baby girl all grown up." She kissed me.

"Mo-"

"Kaia we need to talk." A voice said waking me up from me sleeping. My eyes shot open from the pitch black dark. I felt power, anger, flow through my blood. I stood up.

"Waking. Me. Up. From. Sleeping. Was a big mistake." I said clutching my teeth and making my hands into fist.

"Kai-" I cut them off by kicking them in the stomach, setting them flying though the walls.

"KAIA!" Rangiku said while she flew. I walked out. My eyes were beaming red.

"Calm down." Toshiro said.

"How many times did I tell you not to wake me up!" I shouted at them looking him in the eye.

"Pain." I said. He screamed. He clutched his stomach.

"Kaia stop." Dad said.

"Heal." I said. He stopped screaming was panting. My eyes softed. I felt guilt rush over me.

"Im sorry Toshiro." I bent down next to him.

"I-Its fine." He stood up.

"We need to talk." Rangiku said. I nodded. We walked down into the training room. We sat in silence.

"Kaia whats going on?" She asked.

"What do you mean?" I questioned.

"All this spiritual pressure your spreading. Your not yourself." Toshiro explained. I shrugged.

"Could you um bring out you key?" She asked.

"What does this have to with anything." I asked looking at her.

"Maybe she knows." She said.

"But she doesnt." I answered.

"How do you know?" Toshiro asked. I opened my mouth to say something when a vision came into mind. This vision wasnt like any other. It was like it was real.

I felt a change. Something deep within me. Something roaring. Something taking over me. Something wanted to be set free. Something that isnt me. A different me. A new me? I was sitting in a dark room. No doors, no bed, just a window with chains. I dont know how I got here. I felt like crying. I felt like eating. I felt like killing everything I see. I stood up and ran against the wall. Maybe just maybe I could break it. Every time I touch the wall electricity electrocute me. I scream in pain. No one heard me. I fell on my knees. Burning hot tears ran down my face. Both of my hands grabbed my hair. Instead of screaming. I roared. A face. That face. The face I havent seen or know came into mind making me feel energy flow through me.

"I will kill you once I find you." I said. My voice. It wasnt me. It sounded....evil.

I gasped for air. I was up against the wall with chains around my wrist, waist, and ankles again. Shi and Hikari was holding me against the training room walls.

"Kaia stop!" Shi said. I felt so confused. I wasnt doing anything. Next thing I know I the room spun around and I fell into someones warm arms.