ASR's step

It was evening, Kushi already went to Mandir with Anshi as per her words. Mahi gave him his dress that afternoon. He just sat on the bed in silence, not knowing what to do ? He laid back on the bed looking at the ceiling and closed his eyes only to see Kushi's face and her asking " Aap Aayenge na ? " When she left few hours before.

He is in dilemma. He can't put Kushi's life in danger. His thoughts drifted to those days when he Like a crazy lover loved her. He used to chat with her daily, of course a friendly chat. But he only knew how much he loved that time of chat. He used to reread her every msg for atleast hundred times before erasing it. He used to purchase some or the other thing when he rarely goes out.

How much happy he was then ? A job that he loved, a place of his own, little talk with the girl he loved. His life was fantastic then. But that one incident changed his life all over.  Otherwise by now he would've happily married to Kushi and would've led a fantastic life with her. But alas..... Destiny had other plans.

A smile crept on his face thinking at those days and he felt his heart bursting in happiness. Why can't he feel like this always ? Why should he go away from the woman he loved....that too fearing for some unknown threat. It's true that they have murdered Dhiya, but he was week then under pressure. But now he won't fall week. He will be strong for the two life he loves immensely , His life Kushi and his Chandh-ka-tukkada Anshulaa.

On the other side -

Kushi was waiting impatiently in the Mandir. As it was far away from village no one was there, except Kushi, Anup , Aasha, Anshi with Raizada family.

Amar smiled mockingly " I told you that he won't come. But you didn't believe me. Kushi beta, it's useless to wait for him"

Kushi looked at the clock striking 7.15 P.M. pandit came and said " It's very late Kushi bitiya. Muhurat is going to end. Should I wait or.....? 

Kushi nodded her head defeat 'at last you won Arnav ji ' she thought. She looked at others. Amar and Ranjini gave her ' I -told-you- already ' look. While others looked at her sad. She turned to go away when she felt a tug in her saree. She turned around only to smile wide looking at her saree fisted in little Anshi's palm. Her eyes blurred with tears when she saw, Her Arnav ji.

He was looking dashing in her selected sherwani, having a small smile in his face and Carrying little Anshi in his arms. ' was she dreaming ?' she looked at others to confirm whether it is real. Seeing the surprise look at everyone's face, she knew he is here.

She cupped her mouth crying. Arnav looked at her with a small smile. Without waiting she hugged him burying her face in his neck, clutching his sherwani. Arnav wrapped his arms around her and caressed her back " No Kushi.....don't cry"

Finally fed up of her crying.       " Anshi tell everyone that your Dada is very punctual. He came before fifteen minutes. So need to cry" Arnav boasted proudly.

" Fifteen minutes not before the function. But at the end of function. You are boasting as if you are on time" Kushi mocked. Arnav shrugged his shoulder kissing Anshi's cheek earning a giggle from her.

" Aap aa gayi aakhir " (you came finally) Kushi said slowly.

" Aana toh tha hi. But I don't even understand how ? How I made myself drag till here ? " He said.

Anup " Arnav , Kushi , you both speak later. Time is running out. Let's do the engagement fast " he said and took rings from his pocket.

Kushi wiped her tears and got the ring in her hand. She waited for Arnav to raise his hands. But he remained unmoved looking at her hands holding the ring with his oh-so-innocent face as if he didn't knew to give his hands for exchanging ring.