Passing Days

Dhiya and Vikram's marriage finished in a simple manner. Arnav hosted a simple party for his colleagues surprising Dhiya and Vikram. Their life was full of fun after that. Dhiya joined a job as she felt boring staying alone in home. They both had weaved a small cocoon around them protecting the happiness of theirs. Arnav always used to imagine himself and Kushi like they both are living , a small world filled with happiness and love.

It was one fine day when Arnav was preparing Dinner for Dhiya and Vikram. They both arrived. They all sat for Dinner.

Dhiya started eating " Mmmmm.......yummy. Arnie, your future wife is going to be so lucky. You have an extraordinary cooking skills "

Arnav smiled widely with a slight blush. He looked down to hide his smile. Vikram " Yes, yes, Arnav your wife will be so lucky. So...... When are you going to introduce your sweetheart "

Arnav choked the food in shock. " What ? " He asked.

Vikram " I asked when are you going to introduce your soon-to-be wife ? "

Dhiya " what question is this ? When his family find a girl for him, he'll introduce her to us. Hein na Arnie "

Vikram " Aap Arnav Singh Raizada ko underestimate Kar rahin hein Mrs.Dhiwan " (u r underestimating Arnav Singh Raizada, Mrs.Dhiwan )

Dhiya " What do you mean ? "

Vikram " Do you think he'll wait till his family find a girl for him ? No Pappu , you are highly mistaken. He had already found a sweetheart for himself "

Dhiya and Arnav looked at him wide eyed. Arnav " How do you know ? "

Vikram " Matlab, mein Sahi tha" he gave a devilish grin. (So I was right )

Dhiya " Arnie, you culprit..... You didn't even find it necessary to say it to me " she threw spoon on him.

Vikram " Pappu stop Yaar. He must be having some reasons for hiding that " Dhiya looked at Arnav suspiciously. While he nodded his head like a baby.

Arnav " Vik, Dhiya.....truely I had a reason for not saying it. Because the girl whom I love, don't even know that I love her. And she's very close family friend. I don't want her reputation at stake. That's why " He finished sheepishly.

Dhiya threw a murderous glance to him " Even then you could have told us about your feelings, if not saying about the girl "

Arnav held his ears " Ok Baba, I am so sorry for hiding it. I didn't want to get linked with her till I propose her and she accepts it "

Dhiya " Ok.Tell me what's her name ? "

Arnav " Khushi. Her name is Khushi "

Dhiya smiled hearing it. " Nice name. What is she doing ? Where is she now ? "

Arnav smiled even at the thought of Kushi. Vikram " Oye.....Hoi.... Dekha Pappu. Even at the mention of her name itself Janaab is smiling like nothing " he teased making Arnav pout and Dhiya laugh at his blushing face.

Arnav " Kushi is doing her final year MBBS. She's in Mumbai right now "

Dhiya " Doctor.....that's so good. Ok can I see her photo ? Please" she pouted asking him.

Arnav " Why not ? " He took his phone and surfed his gallery finding Kushi's picture. " Here it is....." He showed her pick to Dhiya.

" He showed her pick to Dhiya

"Aww.... she's so cute. See her Vicky " she showed Kushi's pic to him.

Vikram " Good choice man. So tell us about your love story "

Arnav smiled " She's my close friend from Childhood. Infact she's the only one I like to be with. She so lovely girl. I never realised my feelings for her till I came away from her. So it was the time when I joined department, Papa was not so pleased with my choice, still he's not in a proper talking terms with me. Khushi was the only person who supported me, who encouraged me to do what I like without any second thought. She's so matured, such a chirpy yet calm girl. So slowly my emotions for her changed from a friendship to love. I feel so happy , so excited whenever I speak with her. She's the only person who can make me smile without any reason. And she....."

Vikram " Bas, Bas Arnav..... You should stop now, Varna....today night I'll get beatings from your beloved sister "

Dhiya pouted " I don't beat him Bhaiya " she said looking at Arnav.

Arnav " You are accusing my innocent sister "

Vikram " Fine leave it. So Arnav, she's your family friend. Does your family like her ? "

Arnav " They just love her " he sounded excited.

Vikram " Oh no...."

" what happened ? " Asked Dhiya and Arnav at the same time.

"Your family loves her. Means, there won't be any Dishoom, Dishoom. I can't elope your bride to make her marry you. No fighting, Running, chasing. Such a boring Marriage it will be without any chatpati masala " he pouted keeping the spoon down.

Dhiya and Arnav burst into laugh seeing his expressions.
Arnav " In that case, you have a chance. My father won't accept easily for the marriage "

Vikram " But you said Ur family loves Kushi. Then why won't he accept ? "

Arnav " Kushi is more than perfect for me. But he'll think that Iam not worth of her. So you can have a chance "

Vikram " Koi baath Nahi buddy. I will take care of your Oh-so-soft Daddy then....."

Dhiya " I wanna speak with her"

Arnav " She must be studying "

Dhiya " Ok "

Arnav saw the disappointment in her face. He too wished to speak with Kushi. It's been so many days he heard her voice. He dialed her number but the phone went on voicemail, so he kept the try aside.

Dhiya " Arnie, will you bring her here one time. I want to see her. "

Arnav " Sure. Once she finish her studies. I'll ask her to come to Delhi once "

Dhiya " Till then Don't tell her about us. Let it be a surprise for her "

Arnav smiled amused at her excitement and nodded his head.

Days passed on like this. With Dhiya and Vikram teasing him with all given chances with Kushi. Arnav felt it all new, in his pressurised job environment, Kushi is the only person who can make him relaxed. Be it thinking about her or chatting with her or his friends teasing him with her. In all this an year passed away in a jiff, with Kushi completed her under graduation.

He's was just waiting for the day to propose Kushi, and he had bought many gifts for her too, but that girl joined her post graduation in the same college. So poor puppy (Arnav) had to wait for another two years. He just prayed that Kushi won't reject him and accept him.