C H A P T E R 12

Xander

As we fastened our seatbelts, I couldn't help but think about what zac had said while nichole was hugging everyone goodbye.

"You like her, don't you?" He whispered beside me. That statement brought me out of my daze. Even I didn't understand why but for some odd reason, I felt myself staring at nichole almost the entire time.

Earlier today, when the pastor had asked me to kiss my bride, I already decided against it but after gazing at her plum and inviting lips, I couldn't resist. Sue me!

When Zac had made that statement, I couldn't respond. I just rolled my eyes in my response. He's right though. I'm acting like I'm smitten by her.

'Clearly, you are, Xander.' My subconscious had to notify.

I'm not the kind of man to resist a beautiful woman anyway but with this girl, nicky whom I had met less than two months ago, I'm acting like a gentleman. Normally, by now I'd have bedded her and gotten her out of my system but I just wanted to leave her.

Apparently, she isn't one of those girls who get smitten by my charms. I wonder if she even thinks I'm handsome.

I looked over to her seat only to find her fast asleep. I smiled and unfastened my seatbelts. I unfastened hers before gently picking her up and taking her to my private cabin.

I dropped her gently and she snuggled into the pillows right away. These past few weeks that she's been with me, I find myself thinking less of Lara.

Normally, the plan was supposed to be for ger to just be my fake fiancee for few months so I could get the contract after which, we'd end this drama but somehow, I feel that she's my ticket torwards getting my mind off Lara Jones.

Hopefully, now that I'm married, she'd be able to stay clear off me completely and then, I could probably finding move on completely. Her betrayal shook me up alot. It's the reason I became the idiot i am.

'Though it did help you get your way with ladies.' I smirked to myself at that. So true.

'Besides, I dont even go after them, they are the ones rushing me. All seeking for my attention.'

I really am hot and I know that.

Granny, Bri and dad like nichole alot. The last time we went over to dad's place , granny was so ecstatic to meet 'the girl who tamed me.' Noone tames Xander.

By the time we landed, she was still sleeping like a baby, so like the baby that she is , I had to carry her to the car and to the hotel room.

After laying her on the bed, I went in to take a shower and coming out in my sweatpants,I realised that she was still sleeping. Is she a girl or a log?

I mean who sleeps that much anyway. It's like she is lifeless. I mean I've lifted her up thrice now and yet, she didn't even move. She must be so tired then.

Wait. What am I doing? Why am I even staring at her? They are all the same. What if she got married for the sake of her father? She's still the one.

I laid beside her and she immediately snuggled into me which caused me to smile. I wrapped my arm around her and closed my eyes and before I knew it, darkness enveloped me.

Nichole

The sunrays was disrupting my sweet sleep and I had turn my face to the other side. Opening my eyes, I'm met with unfamiliar walls. Where the hell am I?

I couldn't seem to understand anything until I looked down and I saw my wedding dress and then I remembered everything. My wedding. Honeymoon plans. Boarding the flight and..... that's all.

I almost let out a scream when I felt a hand wrap around me but then I recognized the familiar scent. Xander.
He was still sleeping, yet, pulling me closer at the same time. I chuckled quietly and then removed my hand gently but he turned and held it tighter and by then, I was able to see his chest. Jesus!

He's got biceps and a well built body. Even six packs. Wait! Eight. Its eight. He's got eight packs. Hot. He's so hot!!!

I wanted to touch his hair but somehow, I felt scared that it might wake him up but it seems that my hands had plans of their own. I began to fiddle and caress his hair gently. He smiled and I quickly removed my hand.

"Why did you remove your hand?" He asked with amusement in his eyes.

"I.... I... uhm." I couldn't seem to get a word out. Great. Way to go!

"You... uhm... what?" He teased. I rolled my eyes and got up.

Where are we?

"Maldives"

Did I say that out loud?

"Yes, you did."

I'm really silly but hold up, did he say Maldives, freaking Maldives?

"Maldives?"

"Yea." He shrugged.

Oh my gosh, oh my gosh. My dream destination. I almost can't believe this . It's Maldives.

"Thank you." I replied grinning from ear to ear.

He was about to say something but his phone rung and he excused himself. I rushed to the windows and the view from here alone was breathtaking. Get ready, Maldives. Nichole is here.

30-04-2019🤭