C H A P T E R 40

I paced forth and back whilst looking closely at the emergency room. I just really hope Nichole is ok. I'll kill Lara if anything happens to my wife.

    I can't bear the thought of having to live without her. Just when I thought everything was finally alright and perfect, this bitch had to just come ruin it for me.

     "Relax, son. Nichole's gonna be just fine."

    "I can't relax, dad. Nichole's been shot and I'm only the reason why that happened."

   This time, dad gave me a sad smile.

     I hate Lara so much. I wanted to strangle her right on the spot but I know that wasting time will only endanger Nichole's life.

      Luckily, the police arrived just in time to get her out of the way.  I rushed Nichole to the hospital immediately because I know there is no point in calling the ambulance.

     We've been here for hours now. More like it seems like that. I'm so worried. I'll die a million deaths if anything had to happen to Nichole.

      why did she have to take the bullet for me? Oh God! How did I not notice her coming in front of me. Today was supposed to be the best day of my life but ...

       "Mr Reynolds." The doctor beckoned and I immediately looked up.

     "Doctor, how is she? How is my wife?" I asked, holding his arms frantically. 

     "Relax,Mr Reynolds.  Everything's all under control. She'll be fine." He affirmed.

     "What do you mean by she'll be fine? Why is not she not yet fine?" J was worried. I didn't want any bad news.

    "Yes, that's what I meant. She's fine. Your wife is a lucky woman.  We managed to remove the bullet before it penetrated deep inside.Your wife's strong will power to live has saved her else It could have proved really difficult to save both mother and baby. " He replied smiling.

Baby?

    "Baby?" I asked as I scrunched  my eyebrows in confusion.

    "Yes,doctor. What baby?" Claire asked this time.

     "Oh! Didn't you know that she's pregnant? Actually, pretty much, two months." He confirmed and I broke into laughter. Everyone else became really happy as well.  I hugged Zac and couldn't smiling.  "Father! I'm going to become a father. I m going to be a father,Zac. " I exclaimed, excitedly and he chuckled.

      "Yea,buddy.  You are growing old too soon." He teased and everyone laughed. I'm so happy but...

      "Doctor, can we go see her?" Dad asked.

    "Yea, but in pairs,please. She needs alot of rest so she shouldn't be disturbed." He then left.

     "Who's going in first?" Micky asked. .

     "Xander." They all chorused and I smiled but disagreed. 

    "But why? You were the most worried. You should see her first." Mom asked.

     "Exactly, Xander. You should go see her first."

Nichole.

       I held my imaginary big stomach and laughed lightly to myself.

     I am so happy. The fact that a life ie growing inside of me feels so weird and oddly fulfilling. I'm going to be a mother. The mother to Xander's child.