C H A P T E R 18

Chapter 18

Xander

"Yea, bring it in.' I moved aside as the attendant pushed my food trolley in.

"Is there anything else you need, sir?" She asked giving me a sexy look. I know that look but chose to ignore it.

"No,you may leave. Thank you." I replied. She nodded giving an embarrassed smile and left. I was so hungry. I began to dish out my meal but a knock on the door interrupted.

"Come in, the door is not locked." I replied but regretted it immediately when I looked up to see who it was. Lara Jones.

"Hey, sugar." She said coming closer.

"What do you want?" I asked in a bored tone.

"You." She replied whilst seductively placing her hands around my neck.

"And I know you want me too." She replied licking a spot beside my ear. If I was that man she used to know, I'd have easily shuddered and give her what she wants but she's definitely not getting that from me. Not now. Not ever.

I pushed her lightly and went back to dishing my food.

"Showing me attitude, huh? We both know you can't resist this." She replied coming close yet again.

"What do you want, Lara?" I asked again.

"You. What else? I want you for myself and I know it's same with you, baby." She replied pressing herself against me. I pushed her aside lightly and chuckled bitterly.

"Sorry, hon. Better luck next time. As you and the entire world know, I am married. Married to a beautiful, lovely and loyal woman." I replied emphasizing the word 'loyal.'

"Loyal, huh?" It was her turn to smirk at me.

"The entire world can see how 'loyal' she really is except you ofcourse." She sat down on my bed before continuing.

"I know everything that's between you guys. She is not really your wife. She was just your key to getting the contract. You can fool everyone but not me, Xander. You know that I know you, Xander. Everything about you." She replied with her never wavering smirk.

"I even know... every inch of your body." She added flirtuosly.

I rolled my eyes at her last statement but she's right. She knows me well. She knows me too well to figure everything out. My fault. I used to let her in on everything about me. I regret it now. I seriously do but what's the point in feeling bad anyway.

But wait, what does she mean by the whole world knows how 'loyal' she is? I guess she's just a being a bitch.

"Cut to the chase, Lara. What do you want to say?" I asked in my professional tone.

"Getting serious,huh?" She mocked whilst caressing my face but I refused her hands again.

"Ok. Ok. I'd let you in on it. The whole world is talking about your darling 'loyal' wife." She replied, emphasizing the word 'loyal' using her hands.

I rolled my eyes because I know she's only being sarcastic.

"What about her?"

"I'm surprised you don't know about it. I mean you are the great Xander. Nothing happens without your knowledge but too bad, this had to happen to you." She mocked. I was so confused and as if on cue, my phone rang.

"Reynolds, here." I answered in my firm professional tone.

"Sir, have you seen the tabloids?" Damien asked.

"No, what's new?"

"Sir, um... I think you should check it out." He replied and quickly ended the call.

If I wasn't so eager to see what the tabloids are all about this time, I'd have let him know how rude it was to end the call while I was still talking. Anyways, that's for later.

I refreshed the news feed and waited impatiently as the page loads. I have a feeling that whatever it is, I'm not gonna like it, one bit. The page finally loads and what I saw made me instantly upset.

"Famous businessman, Xander Reynolds's wife seen getting cosy with rival, Blayze Walter in public."

I clenched my jaw as the photos from Maldives were published. Despite paying them not to publish it, it still got publicised. I'm not gonna spare them.

But then... there is another picture with them embracing at a place that looks like a mall and yet another at a food court.

"Aww... is my baby upset? What has your loyal wife done this time? Take care, baby. See ya." She cooed and planted a wet kiss on my cheeks. I felt instantly irritated. She took her bag and left immediately.

I gritted my teeth and called Damien back.

"Those other pictures were photoshopped right?" I asked hoping he'd reply in affirmative.

"I'm afraid not, sir. They are real. Caught on camera."

"Shit!"

What has nichole done? Women, I tell you. There is no way she's getting out of this now. Uggr!

"Get my plane ready. We are leaving."

"But sir, the final meeting?"

I ran a hand through my hair, frustrated. "Let them know we'd have a conference call when I arrive and the papers that need to be signed should be sent." I'm so glad everything else's been sorted before this whole fiasco.

"Alright, sir." He replied and I hung up.

Uggr!!

Hey, guys. I know it's a short update but I hope you liked it. Next update will be up in a few hours. You're welcome.😎

Love,
Fateehat.