C H A P T E R 32

I was about to call him when the least person I wanted to meet at this time  walked in unannounced.

"Hey, girl."

"What are you doing here?" I asked, standing up.

"Well, good afternoon to you too." She replied, rolling her eyes and taking a seat.

"And yes...? I don't need your permission to come into my house, do I now?"

"Your house? What do you mean?"

She gave a dry laugh. "Are you really naive or you just act it?"

"What are you doing here?"

"Well.. to watch you end it with Xander. "

"Excuse me?"

"Don't you know?"

"Sorry?"

"Stupid girl! I'm sure you must be under the impression that he loves you. Fool! Xander Reynolds loves only one woman and that's me. Only me. He used you to get the contract and the rest of his father's shares."

My eyes widened in shock.

"Don't be shocked, Nichole. That's not all. This was actually my fault. We disagreed on something and I let him go and marry you for the sake of the deal.

He mainly did it to make me jealous. So that day when you entered the office, it was the day we patched up and he planned to end things with you." She adjusted herself on the couch before continuing.

"But I wanted to teach you a lesson for the insult you gave me at the party, exactly seven months ago, remember?

Ofcourse, I do remember.

"So, I told my baby to let us teach a lesson and on my insistence, he decided to toy with your heart by playing the love game with you and your fickle fate made things easier for us, my dear Nichole and at the end of it all, he got the contract, shares and I had my revenge." She gave a wicked grin at the end of her speech. The look on her face reminded me of a witch I saw in the movie Xander and I watched last night.

"And why do you think I'll believe you? You are just being a jealous bitch here. Xander doesn't love you. He doesn't and infact, I know for sure that he's completely over you." I asserted.

"Oh really!" She exclaimed sarcastically causing me to roll my eyes.

"But he never told you he loves you either, my dear." She said,smirking at my expense.

That made me stop. Xander never told me he loves me. He only said he likes me but then, I didn't tell him about my feelings either so...

"Don't worry your pretty head so much, my dear. I'll help you. He only said he likes you because I was sure you had fallen for him so his admission will only make it easier for me to have my revenge and I did succeed."

I was dumbfounded. It can't be. I know Xander. He can't do this to me. He does like me. Every action of his shows me that he feels the same way about me like I do him. And why will I even believe Lara of all people. I know how crazy she is.