C H A P T E R 17

Thank you Itsyosra for the covers. I loved them.

Chapter 17

"Are you happy?" Dad asked me with a soft smile.

"Yes, dad. I'm very happy." And I wasn't lying this time. I'm indeed very happy. Xander has been nothing but a good husband and friend, always making me happy and my feelings for him keep intensifying everyday. My handsome crush.

"Its so obvious from her face." Micky replies while smiling at me.

"Good! I'm happy if you are, baby." He said as he wrapped me in a warm hug.

Xander left for Germany last week on official duties and I was at home with only Maria accompanying me but yesterday, she had to leave to visit her daughter in Houston.

Maria has a beautiful daughter, Ellen. She had just given birth to a lovely baby boy so Maria had to go over to help her take care of her baby. From the look of things, Maria might not be coming back anytime soon.

Since I didn't want to stay at his home all alone, I came back home to send some quality time with my lovely family for the next five days to say the least. When I informed them that I'll be staying here for a few days, they were so delighted. Now that's my family.

"Let's go out today. What do you say, Claire? All bills on Nicky." Micky asked Claire with her eyes gleaming with excitement and Claire surprisingly agreed.

I was surprised that she and Micky agreed on something for the first time in years. She, then, replied that it's only because she missed me. Fair enough.

"Yay, let's go paint the town red, guys!" Micky exclaimed, excitedly bouncing on her feet.

"But don't paint Xander's bank balance red, will you?" Dad asked in a light tone causing a chuckle to escape mine and Clare's lips while Micky just snickered.

●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

"No, I chose it first." I said whilst pulling the two piece black dress from Micky's grip.

"No, I did first." She countered whilst pulling the dress as well. We've been shopping for the past two hours, well they have, because I didn't really see anything interesting, mainly because I had already bought myself a similar design or the exact.

But then, I saw this beautiful black dress and it's just my luck that Micky liked the same dress as well. We've been arguing for nothing less than twenty minutes as to who will get the dress. Claire was just laughing at us. She didn't even support me. I mean, I saw the dress first before she did.