C H A P T E R 24

Xander

I have been going to the Winstons' house since Nichole left three days ago but I've not been able to see her because Micky has strongly refused to grant me access to her.

She must be so upset.

I just want a chance to explain everything to her. I know it's almost unbelievable but it's the truth. I hadn't realised that Lara had gotten rid of her clothes.

When she came inside my office, I internally compared Lara and Nichole and then I realised that there is no comparison between those two. Nichole is just the sweetest person I know and as for Lara, she is a conniving bitch.

I just want to tell her that it's not what she thinks. Normally, what anyone has to thinks about me doesn't make much of a difference to me but with Nichole, something in my me has changed and I want it to remain that way. I want to be the perfect guy for her. Only for her.

Yesterday, granny came over. She said that she had missed me alot but then she realized Nichole's absence and asked me about it.

I then explained everything to her from the deal to yesterday. I even told her about my feelings for her.

She was really disappointed in me and told me that she never thought that I could make fun of the bond of marriage.

Contrary to my expectation, granny was just saying that I should get my wife back and I couldn't help but agree. She really loves Nichole and I don't blame her. Nichole's just so sweet. I'm so happy granny is not upset with Nichole about the deal.

"If I don't know you well enough, I wouldn't have believed your story either. Nothing hurts a married woman more than finding her husband in another woman's arms. That too for a woman that loves you. That girl loves you."

She replied and it brought a smile to my face.

Deep down, I was wishing it's true. I wished that maybe Nichole will have feelings for me like I do her but I know better.

Right now, I'm at Bri's workshop. At first, she refused to let me in but when I begged her, she gave a sympathetic smile and allowed me in.

If there is something she knows more than anything, it's that Xander Reynolds doesn't beg no one for nothing, I just take it. So, she knows that if I'm begging for something, it surely is of much importance to me.

Bri and I are twins yet poles apart. In childhood, we were like the typical twins that are always fighting but as we grew older, I became quite protective of her. I began to love and cherish her more.

I felt a sense of responsibility towards her, being the male child of the family. Especially after she had her first heartbreak. She was so upset. I love my sister alot and I absolutely hate anything or anyone that's gonna make her upset.

I am surprised but really proud that she's grown up to be very responsible and independent because in childhood, she was really spoilt and it irritated me alot.

She made me wear the camera man's costume because she doesn't know how Nichole will react on seeing me.

She then sternly warned that if I had a problem, I could find other means but who was i say no to an opportunity to see my beautiful wife again. I miss her so much. I miss cuddling with her at night.

I don't know how we did it but no matter how far we sleep from each other, by morning I'd always find in her arms and with my arms tightly around her. It's been only three days and I already miss that position.