C H A P T E R 21

Xander

"Yeah, I will. Thanks, man." I replied, giving a small smile even though I know he can't see me. He helped Nichole with the paparazzi issues.

"Just remember, it's not her fault. Please don't be upset with her. You know what the Walters can be like. They are just... plain devils." He replied and he couldn't be more right.

"I know that it's not really Nichole's fault but then, I feel deceived. Despite warning her not to associate herself with Blayze, she still went ahead on a date with him. " I replied and shook my head in disappointment.

"Xander, that's women for you. They are stubborn. I think you've already experienced it with Bri." He replied chuckling.

Right.

Bri can be a handful sometimes. I mean most times. I'm so glad she's finally got herself a boyfriend. Poor guy!
"I think it's high time you tell Nichole everything about Lara."

What?

Of course not.

"And why should I tell her? So, she could see me as a lovesick idiot? No, thank you very much. I'm not going to tell her." Not yet at least.

"Just think it through, man. Besides, you guys are already past fake husband and wife things." That cheeky bastard!

"I..."

"We've arrived." Damien's voice interrupted.

"Xander, take care. I gotta go." Zac said again and hung up. I rolled my eyes and got out of the car.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆
"Hi." She said and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. She looked nervous. I ignored her and made my way upstairs. She followed me upstairs and tried talking to me.

"Xander, I'm so sorry. I didn't know he's your rival. That day at the Andersons, I only saw his father. I'm sorry."

Even though I know she's probably telling the truth, I can't forget the fact that she lied to me.

While I was away, she told me everything she's been up to except for that, of course. If she had told me, then this won't have happened. But no, she chose to hide it from me.

Well, maybe if you hadn't acted like a dick to her, she would've told you.

Shut up.

"Xander, I said I'm sorry." She tried to apologize again while cutely pouting at me. No way am I falling for this!

I rolled my eyes, took my towel and shut the bathroom door behind me.

Nichole

"He's so angry. What should I do?"

"Don't worry your pretty little head. He's only acting moody. He'll calm down soon." Zac replied.

"I hope so." I replied and I shut my phone after saying goodbye.

Just like Zac had predicted, the press and paparazzi stopped bugging us since next day.

It's already been nine days since that whole fiasco. Claire is much better now, and dad's also gone back to work.