C H A P T E R 19

Nichole

I was watching a movie with dad when Micky came in panting and gasping for breath. Looks like she ran or something.

"Hey, Micky, what's wrong? Running for your dear life, huh?" Dad asked with a hint of smile.

Micky, who clearly wasn't in the mood for any of daddy's funny talks faced me squarely.

"Have you seen the news?"

"No why?"

"You are in the news. And the paparazzi. The paparazzi are all around the house. The moment you get out of here, you'd be in for a lot of questioning.

I had to run all the way inside. Some even followed me all the way to the elevator. We are lucky they don't know which is our apartment. At least not yet. They could be here any minute." She answered in one breathe.

It was then I really began to hear the noises from downstairs and i took a peek through the windows. There were so many of them.

Oh God, no. Please. I don't like being part any controversial issues. I quickly picked the remote up and changed it to the news channel. Then and there I understood what the hell was happening. Oh God, no!

"Wife of billionaire and C.E.O Reynolds builders, Xander Reynolds seen getting cosy with his rival, Blayze Walter.Could this be the Reynolds's new strategy?"

Oh my G! Now I know why it felt like I had seen blayze before that day in Maldives. He is Blayze Walter, son of Liam Walter and Xander's biggest competitor in the industry. Now I understand why Xander was so furious when he saw us together. He probably thought...

"Nichole, calm down baby. Stop crying. Everything's gonna be okay." Dad cooed whilst trying to wrap him in an embrace but I pulled away. I hadn't realised that I had started sobbing profusely by now.

"No, dad, nothing is gonna be okay. I've ruined it."

I just created a scandal for Xander. And now, I've also the put the lives and safety of my simple family to risk and in the public eyes. We, three, have lived in this neighborhood for the past eight years and we've lived happily and with respect.

After Claire lost her parents to a car crash in which she was the only survivor while we were in high school, none of her family members were ready to take care or cater for her.

She was so alone and lost. I have a feeling it's one of the reasons why she doesn't really believe in relationships because despite all the love showed to her by her extended family while her father was alive, none of them was ready to adopt her after his demise.

It was then my dad decided to adopt her into our small family. She then became the sister I never had but though mum was strongly against the idea of having Claire move in but dad, insisted, hence the reason Clare's with us today .

But then mom... dad lost his job few months afterwards and mum was working as a secretary to a multinational firm at the time.

She became the one taking care of the family and as for dad, he tried finding jobs and I saw him do it. I don't know what really happened but one day, mum left and never came back. She left only a little note saying that she's going for greener pastures and that she'd be back for me and that was the last I heard of her.

At the time, we were living in New Zealand but when dad got a great job offer here about eight years ago, we had to move here to start afresh. At first, we were in Seattle but then, dad got promoted to their headquarters, hence we've been here for over five years now. We have kept every of our affairs private and in fact, the people in the neighborhood respect us but now...

Now I have ruined it all, Xander's probably gonna face serious scandalous issues and there will be alot of questions in the eyes of our neighbors. Now, dad and Claire...

Claire?

"Dad, where is Claire?"

"She went to the grocery store down the road to get some provisions. She should have been back by now though ... or maybe the press..." He stopped amidst the sentence and I could see him getting worried.

I was worried now too. Claire has a phobia of been around so many people. She kinda get scared. That's why she's always kept to herself. Oh dear!

"I have to go help her. She's probably trying to get her way through the crowd." I said moving towards the door but two firm hands stopped me. It was dad.

"Hold on, princess. They are all out there especially for you. If you go out now, they won't let you be. Claire's already out there in trouble with those guys. You need to think. Try doing something to help Claire and getting these people out of here, and not adding to the problem by going out there."

He's right. If I go out there, it will only create more racus. I need to think. What can i do? Who do I call? Xander. Xander is not around and blayze...? No way! It will be like adding fuel to the fire but then who should I call?

There is only one person I can call to help me with this.

Hey guys. Two updates in a day. I'm in a great mood. Two days ago, I realised that my book has 4k reads and just this morning, it already has 5k freaking views. Thank you so much everyone. I'm so emotional right now.

I always had faith that I was gonna reach this point but the fact that I did in such a short span of time is simply amazing.

Besides, just yesterday this book got ranked #38 in Romance hotlist out of million books and that is so cool. I appreciate the love and support. Thank you all for adding to your reading lists,for voting and commenting. Just know it means alot to me😩💛

Ok. Ok. I'm done with the little speech. Back to business, guys.

So tell me what you think of today's update.

Do you think Nichole is to blame for everything that's happening? And what do you think of Nichole and Claire's past?

Just a little heads up, there is gonna be a third person's POV. I hope you'd like it.

Finally, please don't forget to vote and comment even if it's a few emojis.

Love,
Fateehat💛
24-05-19