CHAPTER ONE

CHAPTER ONE

Blake's arm hooks around my waist and I rest my head on his shoulder. A yawn ripples through me as I snuggle into his warm body. He fishes the keys out of his pocket and unlocks the door.

We toss our things into the house which causes the suitcases to roll into the wall. I bite my lip and sigh with relief when the suitcase doesn't damage the wall.

"Aren't you supposed to feel refreshed after a holiday?" I grumble.

"You didn't sleep on the plane, and it was a long flight." He sighs.

"I don't know how you could sleep with that screaming baby." I shake my head.

"That's because I've had plenty of practice." He chuckles.

We pile into the house and Blake locks the door. I grab the handle, but Blake takes my hand and pulls me to the hallway.

"Leave it for tomorrow, we need to eat and sleep."

"Can we please order something? I doubt there's any good in the cupboard except for beans or spaghetti and I don't want that."

"I think there's a packet of chicken noodles in the back of the cupboard somewhere! It'll be quicker than ordering something."

"Yes, but cooking, my darling husband, requires energy I simply just do not have."

"I can make the noodles for us."

"Are you sure?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Don't feel bad, the kettle is doing all the work." He laughs.

Blake scoops me into the air and we go down the hallway. At the end, I lean over Blake and flick the switch on. I slide through his grip as the dining table comes into view.

"Our mothers are too good to us." I chuckle.

The table is set for two with candles, containers of food, cutlery and flowers. We wander over and Blake plucks the note from the middle of the table.

"Dear Mr. & Mrs. Rivers, welcome home! It's no five-star restaurant, but we hope you enjoy the meal. From, your loving mothers."

We take our seats and remove the covers. There's a bowl of soup and a side of lightly toasted bread which smells delicious! I dunk the bread into the pumpkin soup and moan with delight.

"I seriously love food so much."

Blake reaches across the table and I lace my fingers through his.

"This is better than noodles or takeout."

Once we finish eating, I collect the plates but Blake takes them and places them on the table.

"These can wait until tomorrow as well." He chuckles.

"We can't leave everything until tomorrow."

"I thought you had no energy?"

"I don't, but I feel like I'll thank myself if I do them now."

"Then I'll do them tomorrow and you can thank me now." He grins.

As I'm swirled into the air, I wrap my legs around his waist. His hands tighten on my hips as we race into the bedroom. Blake gently lays me on the bed and I lean up and kiss his lips. His hands travel down my sides, up my shirt and over my smooth skin.

His cheeky smile makes my stomach knot. I roll to the side and stretch out into the middle of the bed. The sweet comfort brings a whole new level of exhaustion on.

"I can appreciate this bed because of the flight."

"What's wrong with our bed?" He gasps.

"The one in Paris was better and bigger."

He tosses his shirt onto the floor and slides into bed. His arm wraps around my waist and he kisses my neck. I wiggle away which makes him groan.

"My wife was better in Paris, she wore fewer clothes."

I push his chest away and sigh.

"You never let me wear anything, and I wasn't this tired."

He nuzzles his face into my back.

"We have all of tomorrow, but right now, I need sleep."

Blake nods and kisses my head. He sprawls across the bed and I snuggle into his chest.

* * * * *

In the middle of the night, I spring awake and stare at the clock. It's just after twelve which isn't anywhere near the morning. I slip out of Blake's grip and tug on my dressing gown. I wander into the kitchen and flick the kettle on.

I lean against the counter and fold my arms. Blake wanders out of the hallway and smiles. His arms circle around me and I lean against his chest. He grabs my waist and lifts me onto the counter. I hook my legs around his waist and peck his lips. One hand slides into his hair while the other goes down his chest.

"How are you now that we're at home?"

His grip on my waist tightens, then he slides his hands to my thighs.

"I'm not ready but I need to be for Lo."

"We can do this."

I lost one child, I won't do it again.

Once the kettle has boiled, I slide off the bench and make a pot of chamomile tea. Blake grabs the tea cups and I bring the pot to the table.

I pour the tea while Blake flicks through our mail. He shuffles through the bills and junk mail. He runs his fingers through his hair and sighs.

"I wish things were easier."

"You wouldn't be happy with easy." I chuckle.

I lean across and grab his hand and squeeze.

Blake shoves the mail to the side and looks at me.

"Raising London will never be easy, but I prefer that over battling out who's a better parent and if I deserve to be her parent after all I've done."

"Regardless, the court is going to see you're an amazing parent and if not, then I'll be the perfect aunty." I smile.

"Like the dishes, it'll be a problem I worry about tomorrow."

"Sounds like a good idea." I nod.

We finish our tea and I tug Blake to his feet.

"Let's go to bed."

Blake smiles as we hurry down the hallway. He picks me up and tosses me onto the bed.

 He picks me up and tosses me onto the bed