CHAPTER FOUR

CHAPTER FOUR

The afternoon breeze ruffles through my hair as I stretch my arms over my head. I wander towards the boot and sigh with content. I toss the blanket over my shoulder and hold the cushions in my arms. Blake grabs the basket and shuts it. He locks the car and shoves the keys into his pocket.

"Hey baby, can I carry a cushion?" He smiles.

"Nope, I'm fine." I nuzzle them to my chest.

"What about the top one? It looks like it's about to fall."

"I don't need help carrying air and some stuffing." I giggle.

Blake reaches for a cushion, so I dip to the side and poke my tongue out. He shakes his head and bumps his side into mine. His arm wraps around my waist and he squeezes it.

"Where do you want to sit? It looks quiet, so we could sit beside the flowers and not be disturbed, or a shady section on a hill somewhere."

"Hm, maybe under a shady tree?" I smile.

"Sounds good." He nods.

His arm tightens around my waist, and we walk up a hill which leads to beautiful green, grassy hills with large trees creating shade.

We find a good spot higher up the hill, under a tree and beside some pretty flowers. Thankfully, there's nobody in sight which means we have a stunning view of our surroundings.

I drop the cushions onto the floor and shake the blanket out. Blake places the basket on the blanket and I collect the pillows and toss them into the centre. We plonk onto the ground and I dive into the basket and retrieve the delicious food.

Blake sprawls across the blanket and props himself up with the pillows. I set up the dips and biscuits, along with the cheese and meat platters. My stomach grumbles with hunger and Blake laughs.

"Do you love me more than food?"

"Why can't I love you both?" I gasp.

"Hm, I suppose." He laughs.

I settle against Blake's side and drag the wooden cheese board closer. Blake squeezes my shoulder and laughs. I chop the cheese and pass him a slice on a plain biscuit.

"All that should matter, is that I love you enough to share my food with you, and even give you some first." I giggle.

"Thank you, Ava." He grins.

Once we're stuffed and unable to move, I stretch out and snuggle into his chest.

His arms wraps around my body and he kisses the side of my head. I sigh with content and kiss his shoulder. Blake grabs my hand and admires the wedding ring.

"Somehow, I haven't lost it yet."

Blake squeezes my hand and kisses it.

"Please don't lose this because I love staring at it! And no, I won't get bored seeing this or referring to you as my wife."