CHAPTER TWO

CHAPTER TWO

Blake empties his entire suitcase into a washing basket, then steps over the piles of clothes I have sprawled across the bedroom floor. My mouth drops open and I shake my head.

"I wish I could throw all my things into the wash like you." I sigh.

"You could, because washing instructions are just guides." He shrugs.

"Yeah, guides to not shrinking your clothes and keeping them in good conditions."

"My washing technique hasn't failed me yet." Blake grins.

"Yet is the keyword in that sentence. How about we leave the washing to me?"

He places the basket on the floor and raises his hands.

"Since I can't do the washing, I'll be useful and prep dinner unless-"

"Don't be like that!" I pout. "You can prepare dinner however you want because our father's won't appreciate my burger making skills, that's for sure."

"At least I can do something." He smirks.

"If you're going to be like this, then you can do your own washing." I sigh.

"Hell no, I hate washing and I was just teasing you." He laughs. "I'm also happy you can follow washing instructions because I love the new underwear and I would hate for it to be ruined."

I hurl a black lacy thong at his face, but Blake catches it with the end of his finger and swirls it around. A smirk crosses his lips, then he flicks it back.

"Next time, I want to see it on you." He winks.

Blake wanders down the hallway, while I pout.

The front door opens and my heart quickens.

"I haven't had time, but I hear our team lost the game," Dad says.

"You didn't miss much," Thomas grumbles.

I grab a load of clothes from the suitcase and toss them over the pile of underwear.

"Hurry up, I want to see my daughter."

Dad and Thomas shuffle down the hallway and Mum enters the bedroom with a smile. Angela tries to sneak past with her pile of shopping bags but our eyes meet and a cheeky smile appears.

"I told her not to bring anything." I sigh.

"Are we talking about the same Angela?" Mum laughs. "Even I wouldn't have bothered."

"This is a thank you dinner, though." I frown.

"Don't worry about it!" She shrugs.

She hops over the clothes and plonks onto the bed. Mum frowns and I nibble on my lower lip as she picks up the thong and tosses it onto a pile. Laughter escapes her lips, and I roll onto my back and cover my face with my hands.