CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE

I lace my fingers with Blake's and tightly squeeze. He tugs me to his side and I snuggle against his warm arm and sigh.

"Are you sure we can't sneak away?"

"You begged me to come here, and you forced me to wear a nice shirt, we can stay for at least twenty minutes."

"Can't I make it up to you at home?" I wink.

Blake pauses, then a smile creeps across his lips.

"It's too late, I've seen you already." Axel laughs.

We spin around and Axel swoops in for a hug. Blake hooks his arm around my waist and looks around the lavish living room.

"Congratulations on the new home, it looks good."

"Thanks, but I can't take any of the credit."

"Neither could I." Blake chuckles. "Unless you count rearranging the furniture dozens of times as contributing to the general aesthetics."

"Then thank you." Axel grins. "How have you been? Why do you want to sneak away from the party? Grace has been excited about this for weeks."

"Just tired." I shrug.

"She's actually worried about her water breaking."

I raise my eyebrow and the pair laugh.

"If you're worried about the mess, don't worry, I know where to send the cleaning bill."

"Ha-ha, very funny!" I glare.

"Oh, I try very hard!" Axel smirks.

"I'll just go somewhere else, preferably where people sympathise with the pain I go through with growing a human inside my body."

The pair chuckle as I wander to Grace who's chatting with someone. The woman smiles at me, but swiftly darts away.

"Your home is stunning!"

"Thank you so much! Ugh, it's been so stressful with cleaning and buying all the furniture."

"Don't stress anymore, it's amazing!"

"Once I've consumed enough wine, I'll enjoy this party way more." She chuckles.

"I wish I could join."

"You're almost there, then we can crack a bottle and celebrate!"

"Yes, I can't wait."

Grace peers to the side and grins.

"Sorry, my mother just arrived and she's going to freak if I don't show her around."

"No worries! Enjoy the rest of your night and congratulations again."