CHAPTER THREE

CHAPTER THREE

Blake wraps his arm around my shoulder and reclines against the wooden chair. He sips from the beer bottle and nods to something Thomas is talking about. I stab my fork into another piece of pasta and chew on it.

The food is delicious and I'm happy we're spending time with Blake's family, but I'm exhausted and ready for bed.

"Jude! When are you going to tell us about the big news?" Angela finishes her red wine and places the glass on the table.

"I'm going on holiday for however long I can sustain myself. The plan is to start in New Zealand, move through America and perhaps Europe. I need to get away from here and clear my head."

"What about your education? It's your last year of University and you're having a break now?" Thomas grumbles.

"If I can find somewhere to live in New Zealand, then I can pick up a unit or two and continue my studies. Otherwise, I'll resume when I come back."

"A break sounds wonderful, enjoy your time away." I smile.

"Given what's happening, perhaps a break would be good." Angela nods.

"Just ensure you have money for a return ticket because I will not be bailing you out."

"You don't have to bail me out of anything," Jude grumbles.

Blake winces at his comment, so I squeeze his knee and move closer.

"Thomas!" Angela glares at him. "No matter how old, whatever you need, we'll always be there to help you! The role of a parent doesn't magically stop when you turn eighteen."

"Thanks, Mum." Jude grins.

"So, you better write me messages on that Facebook thing and send lots of pictures! Do not make me fly to New Zealand or wherever else you're going to kick your butt."

"Unless it's Paris?" I chuckle.

"Yes, give me an excuse to go there." Angela grins.

"I promise to send pictures and updates, unless it's Paris." Jude nods.

Angela raises her eyebrow and Thomas groans.

"I'm sorry I don't share the same enthusiasm as your mother. Enjoy your holiday and ensure one year doesn't turn into never finishing your degree. We're proud of everything you've achieved, we want to see you complete it."

"One year or cleansing the mind, body and soul will do me some good!"

"And who knows! Once you've come home, maybe you'll settle down, find the right woman and have some babies! London is going to need a cousin or two." Angela beams with happiness.

Thomas shakes his head while Blake laughs.

"Please have another baby so I don't have her harping on about settling down," Jude begs.