CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

Charlotte strides around the changeroom in a princess style wedding dress. She swirls around, the dress subtly lifting from the ground. Charlotte smoothes her hands over the fabric and grins as she inspects herself in the mirror.

"What do you think about this dress?"

"It looks good." I tug on a smile.

She twists from side to side and groans. Charlotte gathers the front of the dress and lifts it as she wanders into the changeroom. The lady races across the room and flings the curtain shut behind them.

London slides from the chair and onto the ground. She sprawls out and cuddles her blue unicorn to her chest.

"I'm bored." She pouts.

"What happened to the picture you were drawing?"

"It's finished." She points to the chair.

I collect the paper and beam with happiness. There's a few coloured lines resembling a rainbow and some circles which are supposed to be a unicorn flying through the sky.

"What about some colour?"

"I want to go home." Lo presses her face into the stuffed toy.

The curtain flings open and Charlotte strides out with a mermaid dress. It's tight which makes it look like she's waddling instead of walking. She hops onto the stool and swirls around.

"Thoughts?" Char peers over her shoulder.

"This looks great."

"You've said all the dresses look good or great." She sighs.

"That's because they do."

"Hm." She sighs.

"How many more dresses do you have?"

Charlotte spins around and pouts.

"I've only tried on four."

"Right, sorry! It's just that London is getting restless and I need to take her home."

"I told you we shouldn't have brought her," she grumbles.

"I'm sorry, but our parents were busy today."

Now that our mother's have launched their party services, they're getting busy, which is amazing, but it means I can't drop everything for Charlotte's demands.

Charlotte attempts to storms away, but it's just a fast paced waddle which is hard not to laugh about. The lady slides behind the curtain and I slump against the chair.

"Does that mean we can go home?" Lo smiles.

I grab her ankles and drag her towards me. She jumps up and climbs onto my lap.