CHAPTER EIGHT

CHAPTER EIGHT

Charlotte lounges across the couch as she flicks through old bridal magazines. She has a collection of images stacked on a pillow which is slowly increasing. I assumed there wouldn't be much after we'd gone through them, but it looks like we have different interests.

She closes the magazine and tosses it away. It slides across another magazine before tumbling off the bed. Charlotte flops against the pillows and sighs.

"Feeling the pressure yet?" I giggle.

"I felt the pressure the second I stepped out of the pub! Celebration is done, wedding planning to go! Not to mention, I also need to organise an engagement party for our family."

"Right, you need one of those." I chuckle.

"I should be organising that now, but I like the direction this planning board is going for the wedding. I wish I had the same inspiration for the engagement."

"Welp, there's always tomorrow."

Charlotte slides off the bed and crawls towards the board. She glues the images to the cardboard which is an odd combination of flowers, colourful dresses, wedding hacks and anything else she's found.

She leans against the bed and sighs.

"I thought this would be easy because I helped you, but there's so many things to think about which makes my head want to explode. Then there's Kyle who keeps saying no to everything I suggest."

"Does he make suggestions or just say no?"

"Suggestions, but I hate them. We're on the opposite sides of the spectrum."

"I'm sure you can find a balance somewhere in between."

"There's no balance between the things we want. I want a colourful wedding dress, he wants me in white. I want to get married in the park, he wants to be in a hall."

"Well, you could have the colours under the skirt. When you spin around on the dance floor, we'd see the colours."

"Hm, maybe." She shrugs. "I think white dresses are boring, no offence, you looked stunning, but ugh, I've never seen myself to the traditional bride."

"What about a compromise? You get the park wedding if you wear the white dress."

"Why can't he be like Blake and just say yes to everything?"

"Don't forget there's two people in a wedding."

"Yes, I know," she groans.

"You'll work things out. I mean, we can always bring the park to the hall."

"Mm, I'm loving that idea!" Her eyes light up. "We could have flowers and twinkly lights everywhere. That could work."

"You can have heaps of pretty plants whilst being in a controlled temperature."