CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX

CHAPTER THIRTY-SIX

Blake opens the front door and ushers us inside. I press her to my chest and she makes a little noise which has my heart soaring with love. Chatter spills into the hallway as Blake and I wander down.

Her blue eyes stare into the distance as she moves against my chest. They droop shut, but spring open at the sound of our mother's laughing.

"At least she'll be awake when she meets the family."

"I hope she doesn't cry while they're here." I nervously sigh.

"We'll deal with it together." He smiles.

Our parents stop talking as we enter the main living room. The sliding door is roughly opened and London springs into the room with Tori chasing after her.

Blake races ahead and scoops London into his arms. She wraps her arms around his neck, and he kisses her cheek. London grins as Blake whispers something in her ear.

Curiosity swirls in the pit of my stomach, but I push it aside.

Tori takes a seat at the dining table while I wander into the lounge room. Mum shuffles across and I slowly sit beside her. Blake takes a seat beside me with London on his lap.

He holds her waist as she peers onto my lap. London's smile widens and she vibrates with excitement. She looks back at Blake and he nods.

She brushes her fingers across her brown hair and grins.

"London, meet your little baby sister, Paris." Blake smiles.

"Paris?" Angela gasps.

Mum squeezes my knee and smiles.

"I can't believe you named her Paris!" Angela gushes.

"Neither can I." I laugh. "We went through so many names, and then I saw the picture of Blake and I in Paris and it felt right."

"Paris is a beautiful name." Mum grins.

London leans down and kisses Paris's head. Paris softly whines which makes London jump back. Blake rubs Lo's back and laughs.

"Babies just make noises, don't worry."

London snuggles into Blake's side, so I pass Paris to Mum. She gently nuzzles Paris to her chest and strokes her cheek.

"She's absolutely beautiful!"

"I can't believe we, I, made her!" A couple of tears swell in my eyes, but I blink them away.

Mum gently passes her to Dad and he pokes her nose which makes me roll my eyes. Of course that's what he does!

Blake sets London on the floor and she wanders over to Angela. He grabs my hand and tugs me up and out of the room.