CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

Nausea engulfs me as I take the meat out of the fridge. I brace myself against the counter and inhale a deep breath. The pungent smell of meat and herbs makes my stomach twist and knot. I push the metal bowl away and place my face against the cool counter.

"What's wrong?" His footsteps thud as he races into the kitchen.

Blake rubs his hand over my back and I tug on a smile. Bile rises in my throat which makes me groan with annoyance.

I shove Blake away as I lurch to the sink. He gathers my hair in a bun as I empty the contents of my stomach into the sink. Blake turns the tap on and rubs my lower back.

"Can you move the meat outside?"

"Don't tell me you're going vegetarian on me." He chuckles.

"I'm craving a delicious burger, it's just the smell of raw meat and apples, I hate the smell of apples. I might never eat an apple again."

He scoops me into the air and carries me to the couch. I lean into the plush surface and inhale a deep breathe. Blake squeezes my hand and I rest my head against his shoulder.

"I hope this doesn't last the entire time I'm pregnant."

"Once the back pain and your swollen feet set in, this will be the last of your worries."

"Thanks for reminding me!" I groan. "This isn't exactly convincing me to have another baby."

"No matter what happens, I'll be with you, every step of the way." He takes my hand and squeezes his fingers around mine.

"You're lucky you're a smooth talker." I chuckle.

He turns to the side and wraps his arms around my torso. I fall onto his chest and sigh with content. Blake runs his fingers through my hair and kisses my head.

The black balloon containing the gender of our baby is tied to a cement holder on the living room floor. Blake collected it this morning from the party store, and from the moment he placed it there, the need to pop it has tripled.

"We could pretend it popped on the way home." He chuckles.

"Don't tempt me! The nausea is making me weak and I don't know how long I can wait."

"Just a few more hours if people aren't late." He squeezes my side.

"If they're late, they miss out."

"Sounds good." Blake nods.

"We should go do something before I accidentally pop it."

"Alright, bubs."

Blake cups my cheek and brushes his thumb over my skin. A shiver coils down my spine which makes him chuckle. I nip his lower lip and chuckle.

"I should cook and check on London since she's gone quiet."