CHAPTER FIVE

CHAPTER FIVE

He raises an eyebrow and I sigh with dismay. I wish Blake was here so that he can save me from Kyle, then again, I don't think Charlotte could.

"You've been home for more than a week and you didn't think to come and see me? I thought we were best friends, or did that magically change when you got married, hm?"

"I'm sorry, it's just that I've been -"

"Ah!" He raises his hand. "I don't want to hear your excuses!"

"If you're going to act like an asshole, I'm going to close the door."

Kyle's jaw drops and I burst with laughter. He shoots me a glare as he strides into the house, nose firmly in the air. I close the door and trail down the hallway after him.

"So, what have I missed? Anything important?"

"And why do you think that? Everything is fine."

"You're being a delicate petal, so something must be up!"

"I can't believe you right now." He gasps.

"Come on, spit it out, I don't have all day."

With a shake to his head, Kyle slides onto the stool and flops against the kitchen counter. I lean against the bench and pat his shoulder.

"It's probably not as bad as you think. Now tell Ava so she can fix everything."

He pushes himself up and sighs.

"I'm freaking out! I have no idea what I'm supposed to do. There's so many options too, like, what are you supposed to go with? Why are there so many options? There should be less options."

"Kyle, came down," I shout.

He jumps and I laugh.

"Options? What are you talking about?"

"I, um, I." He goes bright red. "After seeing your wedding, it's inspired me to propose to Charlotte, but what ring do I buy? Gold, silver, rose gold or white gold? How much money do I spent? How many diamonds should be on it?"

"Breathe before you pass out, okay?"

"Happy?" Kyle inhales a breath whilst glaring at me.

"Congratulations! And i'm sure whatever you pick, she'll love."

"No, don't you dare say that! Charlotte would be happy that I proposed but I don't want to give her a ring she's going to spend the rest of her life hating. Has she said anything to you about rings? Don't you girls talk about these things?"

"We talk about more than this stuff." I chuckle.

"Seriously?" He groans.

"Char and I thought I'd have to be the one to nudge you along. We certainly didn't think you'd do it this soon. Kinda glad you've drawn your own conclusion on this, though."