CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE

Our eyes meet as we reach for the last handful of popcorn. Kyle snatches the bowl and holds it above my head with a grin. As I reach up, he pokes his tongue out and laughs.

"Why are your arms so damn long?" I grumble.

"Good genetics." He winks.

He leaps up and shoves the popcorn into his mouth. A piece drops onto the bed, so I ditch it as his chest and glare.

"I can't believe you right now! I'm the pregnant one." I glare.

Kyle drops onto the bed and I subtly bounce up from it. He places the bowl on the ground and rests his head on his hand.

"You can't complain because you ate the entire bowl."

"I did not!"

He raises an eyebrow and I deepen my glare.

"You can't blame the baby for this."

I wrap my arms around my belly and shake my head. He pokes my leg and I flop into the pillows which sag under my weight. I snuggle into the pillows and sigh with content.

"What do you want to watch next?"

I shrug my shoulders and nuzzle deeper into the cushions.

"Put whatever you want on. I'm not in the mood to watch anything."

"What else do you want to do, except leave the house."

"All I want to do is leave the house." I groan. "Sitting around the house is so boring. There's only so much television you can watch before it drives you insane."

"You're supposed to be resting."

"Yeah, I know." I roll my eyes.

"Have you finished the nursery? Charlotte's told me about it, but I haven't seen it."

"We're almost done with it."

"Let's have a look then."

"Are you sure Blake will be okay with that?" I raise an eyebrow.

Kyle grumbles into the blanket and shakes his head.

"I can't wait for you to give birth."

"You and me both!"

He pulls the blankets away and I force myself upright.

"On the upside, I'm happy I can help Charlotte more with the wedding. It might just be making phone calls, but it's giving me a sense of purpose."

"And that's why I'm okay with listening to you complain so much. Char is less stressed, although, we're really worried about you and the bub."

"Everyone's worry is making me panic even more." I sigh.