CHAPTER THIRTY-SEVEN

Paris screams louder as Blake rocks her in his arms. He repositions her on his shoulder and pats her back, but it doesn't prevent her screams from growing louder. London winces under the shrieking noise which makes Angela frown.

"How about we go into the kitchen and see if there's any muffins in there." She winks.

    "Do you think they're blueberry muffins?"

    "I have a sneaky suspicion they are." She nods.

    London leaps up and follows Angela into the kitchen. The poor thing has been just as exhausted as us because Paris is always crying at night.

Lucky for her, she can escape and sleep at daycare or at Angela's house, which is her new favourite place. I don't blame her, it's one of my favourite places too!

I rummage through the baby bag and grumble. I must have left the dummy at home, ugh, how could I forget that? I trail my fingers through my hair and sigh. Still don't understand how I'm functioning on no sleep.

Blake half-bounces, half-paces the room which somewhat soothes her. I semi-relax into the chair and take a deep breathe. Another thing I forgot, is how hard it is to raise a newborn baby. I don't remember London being this tiring.

    Jude and Freya creep into the lounge room with excited smiles. Blake turns around and smiles at the pair. He stops walking which makes Paris ark up. Blake frantically bounces her and she settles down.

    "I think that answers my first question, how's it going?"

    Blake roughly sighs, then tugs on a smile.

    "Somehow we're surviving, but we're in love with this little human."

    Jude peers over Blake's shoulder and nods his head.

    "She looks like an alien, but congratulations."

    Freya pokes Jude's ribs and shakes her head.

    "I'm sorry, she looks cute." Jude grins.

    Blake bumps his shoulder into Jude's body and paces on. Jude shakes his head and wraps his arm around Freya's waist.

    "Since Mum and Dad are happy, I might escape the 'when are you having a baby' question for a couple of years now." He grins.

    "No you won't, my parents are nagging me for a baby." Freya laughs as Jude goes pale.

    "I miss the conversations where Mum and Dad said we shouldn't knock girls up." Jude sighs.

    "When are you going to settle down?" Blake raises an eyebrow.

    Jude squirms under Freya's gaze which makes the rest of us laugh.

    "What did you name this little cutie?"