CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO

The spaghetti strap slides down my shoulder as I hunch forward with defeat. My arm muscles ache, and there's a line of sweat trickling down my back. Crap! I knew this was going to happen. Panic churns in my stomach, but I take a deep breathe.

"Hey, I need some help here," I shout.

The door bursts open and Miller races inside, her dress flapping into the air. Her worried brown eyes land on me and she sighs.

"I thought you were in labour or something."

"Going into labour would be amazing because I can't get the zip up."

"What?" She gasps. "You're right about that! Charlotte will turn into a category five bridezilla if we don't get you into that dress."

"Can we please avoid that? I'd love to get my two best friends hitched before they decide to murder each other."

"Let me try! Pull the dress back as much as you can."

I tug the dress back and she yanks the zipper up. I'd take a deep breathe, but the dress is crushing my internal organs. Why didn't she pick stretchy fabric? Once the wedding and pictures are done, I'm changing into something comfortable.

"Ava," someone shouts.

A young girl peers into the room and tugs on a smile. She winds a strand of blonde hair around her index finger and chews on her lip. I think this is Charlotte's cousin.

"What's up?"

"Charlotte is having a melt down and she only wants to talk to you."

"I think it's time for a wake up slap." I laugh.

"Give her one for me." Miller chuckles.

"I'll grab my shoes and be right out."

Miller and the other one leave while I dig through the pile of bridesmaid shoe boxes. Of course, mine is right at the bottom. I flip the lid off and groan as a pair of sparkly silver shoes stare me back.

I drop the box on the ground and laugh. As if I'm wearing those torture devices for a second. My feet are swollen and I'm in enough pain.

Sorry Charlotte, but the black flats are the only thing I have with me!

I slip into the flats and hurry to the suite next door. Charlotte is pacing the room in her white silk wrap. Despite the fact her eye is twitching and she looks a little murderous, she's a stunning bride.

"What's wrong?"

Charlotte spins around and races to my side.

"My heart is going to explode! I swear something is going to go wrong"

"When I spoke to your parents this morning, they said everything is perfect."

"What about Kyle? I messaged him but I haven't gotten a reply yet. What if something's gone wrong? I don't want to be stood up at the altar."