A step towards the truth

A deep frown adorned  Randhir's face, as he stared at the door which was just shut on his face and he stood contemplating whether to ring it once again or not.

Wasn't it supposed to be Sanyukta's house?

Then what the psycho girl was doing here, and claiming it as her own?

Releasing a Sharp breathe to calm himself down he raised his hand to press the bell again, but stopped hearing some footsteps approaching the stairs ;

and secs later he spotted Sanyukta with a number of bags in both of her hands coming walking towards him.

She had all her attention focused on carrying the bags that failed to notice him, but the moment she reached near the doorstep of the apartment she was met with a pair of black jet orbs staring back at her.

Randhir stole a glance at his wristwatch then at her questioningly.

"Kahan thi tum.? "

Sanyukta gave him a blank stare ,blinking continuously to ensure she was watching Randhir only in front of her when he snapped his finger infront of her  eyes.

"mai tumse puch raha hun, kahan thi?

Time dekh rahi ho kitna hua hai.? "

"High school vo kabka pass kar chuki hai sir, aap thoda late hogaye. "

Vidushi's voice made both of their heads snap at her direction, since both hadn't seen her opening the door.

"I'm not talking to you, so shut up.! "

Randhir snapped at her curtly.

"yeah yeah keep talking like that standing in front of my house, and i will not regret throwing you down to the building. "

Vidushi passed him a sweet smile, watching his posture turning rigid, and he threw a hard glare at her.

"why is he here.? "

Sanyukta asked breaking her silence, directed to vidushi instead of him.

"i don't know. "

Vidushi shrugged in reply, before both of the girls averted their gaze to him.

Randhir stood awkwardly under their heated gaze, fumbling with words then cleared his throat.

"vo mai ek file... Haan account ki file lene aya tha, jo tumhare boss ne kaha tumhare pass hai issliye. "

"Direct ghar pe. ?"

Vidushi's brow raised.

"phone ni lag raha tha. "

Randhir gritted his teeth replying to her.

What was it with her?

He groaned inwardly, when Sanyukta spoke up in between them.

"mere pass koi file ni hai. "

"huh?

Uh.. Tumhare boss ne kaha toh mai aya, nahi toh mai yahan kyun ata.? "

He shrugged acting nonchalant.

Sanyukta tried to remember if she had any file with her, but her mind didn't ring any bell.

"mai boss se puch leti hun. "

She pulled her mobile out of her purse to call Nirman, but on realising it was switched off due to low charge she angled her head to vidushi.

"vidushi apna phone do. "

Before vidushi could take mobile out of her pocket, Randhir was quick enough to interrupt.