Balloons, Cakes and pictures

Sanyukta's lips parted in shock as she stared at Randhir with wide eyes, just when vidushi came walking from the kitchen on hearing the balloons bursting in the hall.

"Tu kya balloons laga rahi hai ya phod rahi... *pause* Whoa.!"

Vidushi exclaimed as soon as her gaze fell on Sanyukta on the floor, with Randhir laying over her.

"Wow. "

Parth's voice boomed in everyone's ear as he stood near the doorstep holding a cake box in his hand.

Sanyukta and Randhir blinked their eyes off  from each other looking up to vidushi and parth respectively before scurrying away as soon as possible.

Sanyukta literally pushed Randhir away from her sitting up straight and dusted off her hands standing up on her own feet.

"Great timing. "

Randhir muttered under his breath disappointedly, standing up as well picking up the small bouquet that had fell from his hand earlier.

"Tum.?

Tum kahan se aye.? "

Sanyukta asked straight breaking the awkward silence, eyeing Randhir.

"Ghar se. "

Randhir replied casually, only to earn a glare from her.

"Kyun aye ho.? "

Sanyukta questioned again, this time gritting her teeth.

"i was invited. "

"By whom.? "

"gaya kashyap. "

Vidushi muttered under her breath shaking head, but Randhir's next reply was enough to make her choke on her breathe.

"Vidushi. "

"What.? "

Sanyukta, parth, vidushi raised their voice in union meanwhile Randhir looked merely affected by their expressions, making his way towards vidushi and held up the bouquet for her.

"Thanks for inviting me.

Aur jo tumne pehle sab batameezi ki tha na, Uske liye maine tumhe maaf kiya. "

Vidushi opened her mouth then shut it falling lack of words, eyeing him dumbly when Sanyukta came forward staring in between them.

"Vidushi tumne isse invite kiya?

Aur ye bouquet kisliye.? "

Randhir angled his head to her narrowing his gaze, perhaps mistaking her tone coming out more  like a complain as to why he brought a bouquet for vidushi, then let it slip from his mind turning to face her.

"Tumhe chahiye.? "

"No thank you so much. "

Sanyukta gritted out.

"Umm mai cake leke aya hun. "

Parth interrupted them out of nowhere, making the two girls glare him while Randhir rolled his eyes.

"uh sanyukta vo...

Parth ne insist kiya tha mujhe shekhawat ko invite karne ke liye, toh maine kar diya. "

Vidushi lied clearing her throat.

"mai.? "

Parth put a hand over his chest innocently aware of Sanyukta's dagger thrown at his direction.

"ab jaane do ye sab baatein, sab aagaye ho toh sare kaam jaldi jaldi karo. "

Vidushi dismissed the topic walking back to the kitchen, while Randhir put the bouquet on the nearby table, slumping down on the couch.