proposal

Sanyukta didn’t know why she was so nervous all of a sudden with his cologne filling up her nostrils and his well built frame hovering over her as he stood dangerously close to her in the darkness.

“ kya puchhna tha.?”

She asked in an attempt to break through the awkward silence.

“college ke baad kitni baar tumhe meri yaad ayi.?”

Randhir asked patiently ,like he had all the time in the world ,catching her off guard.

“Huh.?”

“Batao.”

“ye kya bakwas hai Shekhawat ,hato.”

She tried to walk past him,but was pul;led back and pinned to the door that instant.

She inhaled a  sharp breathe feeling him lowering his head down to her level then heard his calm voice.

“maine kuch puchha sanyukta.”

More than his weird action she was surprised by him calling by her first name ,and his voice was more soft this time.

What was happening.?

“kabhi aesa laga ki mai agar koi situation me tumhare sath  hota toh tum akeli nahi hoti?

Kabhi laga ki kaash mai tumhare sath hota.?”

She blinked her eyes once,twice,thrice even though he couldn’t see her face in the room.

Only if she could tell him how much she missed him by her side that too everyday.

“nahi.”

She gritted out keeping her voice firm ,only to get silence in return.

“maine bahut kiya.

Bahut sare aese situations the jab mujhe laga ki  tum agar mere sath hoti toh result kuch aur hota.

For example mai mom,dad se kabhi dur nahi hota agar tum mere sath hoti toh.”

He confessed honestly.

“apni family se kabhi dur nahi hote shekhawat.”

She chirped pointedly ,already knowing he would feel guilty and he should.

Who leave their parents over a fight?

“Right.

Apni family ko chhodna nahi chahiye ,ek galti maine 2 baar ki hai.”

He sighed.

She parted her lips being confused by his reply but then shut it reminding herself it was none of her business.

“realisation ho gaya?

Ab hato mujhe change karna hai.”

She made an attempt to walk past him instead he put an arm on the door right above her head blocking her path.

"Tum ky... "

"Ssshh.. Tum baat ni karna chahti mujhe pata hai, per sun toh sakti ho na.? "

He whispered in a low ,before adding quickly.

"For now... I want to kiss you so hard that you will forget about your present problem and our past too. "

A gasp escaped from her lips before she could hold it back, and to her luck the lights came back at the mean time,making her aware of their current position.

Their faces were just inches apart ,any wrong move and their lips will be smashed and so their frames.

Randhir watched her carefully noticing  water dripping down from her hair en  before he could stop himself his hand flew to her face rubbing his thumb under her eye.