Jealousy

The woman on the table gave sanyukta a pointed look, before turning her head to Randhir flashing a smile on her face.

"So Mr shekhawat i was saying....."

She paused herself with an inwardly groan as the sound of fork getting jabbed on the plate was loud enough to distrub her yet again, and this time she shot sanyukta a glare, a murderous one.

Sanyukta, invited her glare with a wide forced smile on her face, then thrusted another piece of chicken inside her mouth.

"So tasty. "

"eat slowly. "

Randhir chirped calmly for the first time inbetween the two women, eyeing Sanyukta only and all she did was smiled in return.

"uh Mr shekhawat, i think this place is too crowded to talk, let's meet out somewhere later.? "

The woman suggested looking at him hopefully, and Sanyukta rolled her eyes at how extra sweet she was trying to sound.

"Sorry Miss Nagpal but I'm quite busy after this, you can say here  whatever it is ."

Randhir answered not bothering to look up to her.

"Nagpal?  Why does it sound like nagin to me. ? "

Sanyukta muttered under her breath resuming her eating.

"excuse me did you say something.? "

The woman raised a brow at her, thus sanyukta plastered another fake smile replying to her.

"Nothing.  "

The waiter came serving another plate on the table, meanwhile the other man too came back after finishing the call.

"sorry I'm a bit late. "

The man quipped taking his previous seat, en Randhir straightened himself forwarding the file to him.

"it's alright.

I have signed this. "

"oh ok. Thanks Mr shekhawat, now let's have the lunch. "

The man smiled forwarding one plate to Randhir and just then Sanyukta realized none on the table had touched the food except her.

"umm.. Sorry i started eating first, i should have wait. "

She murmured apologetically, feeling a little  embarrassed .

"well never mind. Not everyone follows the manners and all. "

The woman taunted, and Randhir's eyes snapped up to her coldly.

Clearing his throat he angled his head to sanyukta, before speaking up.

"sorry bolne ki jarurat ni hai, khana bhuk lagne pe khane ke liye hi hota hai.

You eat. "

"He is right.

No one should keep a lady hungry for long."

The man chuckled starting to eat on his own, whereas Sanyukta kept mum resuming fiesting on  her food.

Once the lunch was over the two business associates left biding a good bye to Randhir, with the woman shooting daggers at Sanyukta who rolled her eyes in return.

After they left Randhir leaned back on the chair with sanyukta on the chair beside him, and he fixed his gaze on her.

"So Agarwal care to explain.? "

"what... What explain.? "

She narrowed her gaze questioningly.

"Thodi dair pehle kya kar rahi thi tum.? "