Chapter 1 ~Prologue~

Jennie's POV

"Let's just stay here for awhile..." jisoo beside me said and i nodded in agreement.

hi. jennie kim. i'm a vampire and the most arrogant in that. i wasn't always like this but i guess anger took over my personality and replaced it with playful and annoying .

Humans pretty much hate our kind. our king -of the vampires told the humans that we exist. that backfired and they despise us.

the king thought he was doing the right thing. but he was wrong. ever since he told the public humans killed every vampire they saw. it was legal and in the law.

any vampires they saw on sight will be killed on the spot.

all that saying where we burn in the sun and the reflection on the mirror was bullshit.

we can stand perfectly while the suns' up. we can see ourself obviously.

how to kill us is the question.

we can be killed by garlic and a wooden stick through our heart.

humans' miraculously found that out and the population of the vampire world has been decreasing. and fast.

we can easily go to our own world. yes we have a world full of vampires but the humans don't know.

i can just open up a portal but the hunters would found out. they have technologies that can detect any unusual activities.

opening a portal can cause a lot of attention so no vampire dared to open one.

now i'm here at the top of a mountain with my friend jisoo by my side.

we have been in hiding for 5 years and we would like to keep it that way.

my relatives is on the vampire world and i haven't see or heard from them for 5 whole years. i don't miss them because i despise them actually.

that's a story for another day.

"so did the king had any ideas on how to get a portal open without causing attention?" i ask my friend.

the king is her uncle so we have connections about news on how to.

"no clue. it's been years and no fucking idea how to open a simple portal." she sighed and held her face down.

"some of us are already dead. why isn't he doing anything?!" i shouted and remembered that one of my close friend hanbin died because of him.

"he is jennie. he's mourning too you know." jisoo took off her sunglasses and look at me.

"yeah yeah all of us are." i sit sternly on my chair and sigh.

"it's different to him. he lost his daughter and wife. you know how much that hurts."

i nod and look away from jisoo to look at the sunset.

'Guess i need to take matters in my hands...'

Y/n POV

"you know you look responsible on the outside when cameras are always following you but you can't even clean your room." chaeyoung went in my room and scolded me once again.

i rolled my eyes. "leave me be chaeyoung."

"jeez clean your room next time!" she picked up a shirt on the floor and put it in the laundry bin.

i smiled widely. "thanks unnie!"

"your lucky i'm not mom." she cleaned my bed while i smile.

"really lucky or else i'm not going to be living here now." i laugh while she threw me a pillow.

"by the way lisa and i are going on a date tonight so will you be okay being alone while your out hunting?" she fixed my cabinet.

"ooh lisa and you huh?" i gave her a teasing smirk while she roll her eyes and i can see she's blushing.

"ofcourse i'll be alright. i am the skillful person in the company." i gloated and she look at me disgusted.

"uh no. you don't fit the confident type." she finished cleaning my room.

"thanks for cleaning now get out i need to think." i point to the door and she got out.

i sat on the couch and opened my tv. the news was now discussing vampires and werewolf.

"...The president has now declared that werewolves can now walk around freely without having to worry about being killed...
vampires on the other hand..."

as the news reporter keep talking i feel excited that my sister can not worry about being killed.

"...Everyone can now kill vampires but they have to call the police or the hunters for permission."

i frowned. why the hell would people need permission from us. i don't want the community to be a cell service.

"...if you spot any vampires just call the police or a vampire hunter here is the number on the screen."

the number was placed. i decided to talk to my boss and complain why do they need to call us.

~~

as i entered the building it was the same. people whispering on how great i am on my job and how hot i am.

i cringed and just ignored it on the way to bosses office.

as i knocked she said to come in.

"uh... y/n? what are you doing here?" she said and stood up from her chair.

her office was a mess. documents were scattered the fil cabinets were all half open and some were widely open.

"Momo." i said and closed the door behind me.

"what is it y/n? i'm quite busy." she was looking through some documents on her desk.

"why the hell do people need to call us everyday?" i asked and sit on the chair.

"president's order." she was still not looking at me. i'm clearly annoyed because i get to have a phone that keeps ringing all the time.

"fine i don't want to disturb you any longer. i'll just get a phone at the front." i stomped out the room annoyed.

momo was my close friend and also my boss so i couldn't complain.

i got a phone and decided to walk. i left my car at the building just having someone give it to me in the morning.

in the part where i was almost to my house it was dark here. lonely like no one even lives in this houses.

it was 7 o'clock and i need to go hunting in 10 because that's when vampires go out to "eat"

i heard noises in the alley on my side but there was no one there.

i investigate in the alley and went deeper.

this alley was like any other. was not clean and it smelled. i wanted to get out of here but then footsteps were getting closer.

i looked behind me but everything went black.

~~