Chapter 19: Terry vs Plant Hell

This is really the most active place Sarafina has ever been in. Not too much of animals life... but at least the plants here are active enough. Every where she turned the plants, some which looked like Venus flytraps and some words couldn't describe, had some sort of animal in the process of being eaten by them. 'It's lively, but this isn't anywhere to the jungle in the Gourmet World.' Sarafina thought as she stuck close to Toriko, Terry walking beside them. Kururu stayed inside her bag and watched everything from the small opening.

"Plant hell. A forest ruled by plants, it sure is something amazing eh Sarafina?" Toriko commented as he looked around in a laid back manner. "I suppose there's some charm to this place. As long as it doesn't try to kill you." The blind woman said as the trio continued to walk. The giant hunter gave a slight chuckle as he continued to look at the plants curiously. "They're probably creatures from gourmet world. They probably were blown here through seeds and spores on the westerly winds." Something fell from somewhere above the trio and landed with a plop onto the Toriko's bear shoulder. "Ew. What's that smell?" She asked as a split second later the giant shouted in disgust, "Owa! That stinks! What is this bird crap?!" They all looked up to see some ugly-looking birds crapping on the area the hunters were standing in.

"Sh-it, these guys... They're getting shit on me!" Toriko shouted as he glared up at the animals. Ugh. Just what they don't need. Sarafina undid the sash from her waist and ripped it in half. She then placed a bit of her power onto it and gained a mind of its own as it stretched over them and tired themselves to more safer trees and granted them coverage. Terry suddenly started to bark in warning. "What is it Terry?" He asked as he looked down at his belt. No pelts have fallen off so what's got her barking.. A spark of life went off on her fellow hunter and she gazed over to him. "Toriko! Your shoulder!" Sarafina gasped. Toriko quickly looked at his shoulder and quickly gave a loud yelp of surprise when a plant was already taking root in his flesh. Even as he stared at it it continued to grow.

"From...from the bird's crap a plant sprout was..." The hunter's face paled a bit as he realised  the true nature of the situation. "No...in the beginning, inside the bird's crap...there was a seed mixed in!" Toriko thought back on how in the real world there were many cases when a plant grows somewhere it normally doesn't because droppings from a bird contained seeds from the fruits it ate. In other words.. "These plants...did they get here using the bird'a crap as an intermediary?! What's more, it can germinate on a human body?!"

"Toriko!" The blind huntress shouted as the plant continued to take root, the roots burrowing into his skin as he quickly realised it was sucking the nutrients from his body. "There's no helping it!" Sarafina heard him say as Toriko grit his teeth as he shouted, "Knife!" Her eye widened in shock as Toriko literally cut a chunk of his shoulder off along with the plant. Blood quickly gushed out as he grimaced in pain, quickly placed a hand on the wound to try and stop the bleeding. "Toriko! Hang on!" She said as she placed her hands on his shoulder. Sarafina concentrated her power into restoring and healing him, good thing this will result in little damage to her.

"Terry! Be careful! Don't let the droppings hit you!" Sarafina shouted over to the pup, noticing Toriko checking out the Peaceful Flowers. Much to her horror, three whole petals fall off... Looking on the other side of the man, Sarafina could've sworn that there was something crawling on the ground and was about to push Toriko out of the way when something shot out towards the hunters as everything turned into a blur. Kururu jumped out of the bag and Terry gave a quick bark before pushing Toriko and Sarafina out of the way, knocking them to the ground. Kururu quickly forming a wall of ice around them. "Terry! Kururu!" Sarafina shouted as vines wrapped themselves around the pup and kitten. "What're you doing, you!" Toriko shouted in surprise as he started to get up. "What is this thing..?" His eyes got a sharp angry look as he and Sarafina got up and glared slightly at the plant beast. "What is this?" The blind huntress asked.