Chapter 25: New region, Ice Hell

"Incomplete? What do you mean Granny Setsuno?" Sarafina asked, noticing the boys didn't even acknowledge what the older chef said as they knelt by the edge of the platform to stare at the cooking soup. Watching them, Sarafina had the urge to push them in but decided that she'd save that prank for another day. And a safer place to do so as well though seeing their backs so open to her made the urge more tempting. She called Kururu over back to her and the kitten rested upon her shoulder again.

"It has the ingredients silk bird remnants and mineral coconuts in it just like I thought, Toriko-San and Sarafina!" Komatsu shouted excitedly as the hunter joined him in saying, "Yeah! And there are motor onions in it too! What an awesome line up! Its awesome, old lady Setsu!" The old woman laughed a bit before replying, "You think so? But, this soup, truthfully it's still incomplete."

"I don't think they heard you, ma'am." Sarafina said as the two continued to name off ingredients and going on about how awesome it was. "I noticed." Setsuno said, getting ticked off. "Yeah, right, it's really awesome!" She shouted angrily at them. "But this century soup isn't done! It's still incomplete!" If her shouting didn't their full attention then nothing will. Well...maybe pushing them into the soup but...that might ruin the flavour and Sarafina liked the soup too much to do it.

Sensing that they had NOW heard Setsuno's words, Sarafina facepalmed. "Huh? What are you talking about?" expressions the two men were wearing caused the Setsuno to yell even louder. "You're so slow! She shouted at them. "What do you mean it's. To complete, Setsuno-san?" Komatsu asked, curious when the soup tasted so delicious already. "Fm, the truth is.. Century soup is something that originally exists in the natural world." That startled the young chef making him shout, "Eh, really?!"

"It's my first time hearing that.." The large male commented. "So is mine." Sarafina said. "Fufufufu... A long time ago Jiro-chan scooped some up for me. Unable to forget that mouthful... I made this soup imitating it." Setsuno said. "It..it's plenty delicious already, though... Setsuno-san, it's still incomplete...?" Komatsu asked, nervous for some reason again.

"It's not in me to be able to reproduce the taste perfectly.." The older chef replied rather disappointedly. "But...uh, it's delicious, isn't it Toriko-san?" Komatsu asked, turning to the giant, blue-haired hunter. "It's too delicious!" The hunter said, literally sucking up the soup to his mouth like a vacuum. Sarafina shook her head in amusement. Unbelievable... This man..

"Don't drink too much, Toriko!" Setsuno shouted at him. "Might it be that... The century soup in the natural world... Tastes better than this...?" Komatsu asked as Sarafina and himself watched Old Lady Setsuno stir the soup with ease. Setsuno had a thoughtful look on her face before she explained, "I wonder.. It's hard to explain taste but.. Komatsu-kun, when you ate this soup, you said it is lacking something.. Yes.. Exactly according to this feeling, the real thing has a kind of taste with something more..." She then got a sad, disappointing look on her face. "What I can't figure out is what that one thing is.."

Holding his hands up in an apologetic manner, Komatsu said, "N...no, I, about that...! I haven't eaten the real thing either..." Setsuno cut him off. "Komatsu-kun, why do you think I brought you two to this kitchen? Of all the country's president and wealthy people and gourmets.. Not one of them has given any advice on my cooking.." Turning to give the young chef a smile, she continued. "I've been charmed by you two's sense of taste and sensitivity.. If it's you two, perhaps... I thought it might be possible to make this soup perfect. Fufufu. I brought you here because you found the exact ingredients from the stock." That made Komatsu even more nervous. "S...something like that.. For me to do something like complete it.."

Setsuno got a gleam in her eyes again before she asked, "Fufufu, don't you want to try it? The real century soup?" What a shrewd old woman, taking advantage of the two knowing they'd take this challenge, now Sarafina remembered why she liked this little old lady. Toriko was at the older chef's side in a second, face alight with excitement, exclaiming said excitement in his voice, "I wanna try it!" The older woman laughed slightly. "Is that so, Toriko?" She asked simply, watching him turn towards the younger chef and blind huntress saying, "Hey, Komatsu! Sarafina! You wanna try the real soup, right?!" His excitement spread towards the two as well. A bright excited smile appeared on Komatsu's face as he said, "Y..yes. I'd like to try it!" Putting a hand on her hip, Sarafina smiled. "Do you really feel the need to ask?"