Chapter 28: Ice Hell part 3

The vice-gang leader's words rang in Komatsu head for a few moments before he spoke up, "Match-san and the others... Maybe that time, and when they've broken the law, too... Maybe it was for that reason..." The giant hunter grinned and said with a laugh, "There's always a reason isn't there?"

"B...but...! I think wanting to give the soup to the children to eat is a wonderful idea! I'm sure the one who requested us, Mr. Coloniel Mokkoi, will understand, too...! Ow! Yun!" Komatsu shouted excitedly. "I highly doubt that, Komatsu, but it would be nice that old creature would think so for once in his life." Sarafina mumbled to herself as she chewed her piece absently.

She'd bet her reputation that if that old bastard thought things weren't gonna be in his favour he'd leave them all there to die without so much as a second thought. Sarafina narrowed her pale blue eye as a bitter memory came up. Where she had cried, begged, screamed for someone...anyone to help her. To save her from the nightmare she has been living in. But they took one look her before turning away in disgust. A few of the men chuckled a bit at the statement, bringing her out from her thoughts.

"We've never cared about what the old man thinks. We just wanted to know where the soup was." Toriko explained. Given this group's personality that was a no brainer that was their main thought. "...But to go as far as facing such danger for a high level ingredient..." Takimaru started when Toriko interrupted, "What about you, Takimaru?" The question startled the young man a bit and went, "Eh?" The hunter took a big bite out of yet another piece before he continued, "The gourmet Knights members do properly know about this work, right? The century soup. I think high class food like this is far from the recommendations for principle food in gourmet doctrine, but..."

Takimaru stared at him for a moment before turning his gaze down. 'His soul is telling me that he's holding in a lot of grief and responsibility for coming here...I also sense...a touch of guilt within the poor boy.' Sarafina thought to herself as she stared at Takimaru's soul. Had he come here for the purpose of wanted to prove himself to the others? He was rather young, so it would be understandable. But...it didn't feel that way. "The other members...don't know about this job..." The young man admitted quietly.

"I knew it...I thought it was strange that you were here alone.. To begin with, this work is not the type of request they would leave to a single young member." Toriko said, rather smugly as he held a hand out as he finished. "Could you have not even told that Ai person this?" That name seemed to set Takimaru off. "I...I didn't tell Aimaru-san... Even though he's the leader..."

"...Why would you take this huge job alone..?" Toriko asked. The giant man cried out in pain as he got smacked hard in the shoulder, followed by. "Toriko, please stop that! You don't have to push him so hard." Sarafina chided at him. "I'm not! It was just a question." Toriko started to protest when the young man said quietly, looking down, "I...I need...money... A great deal of money. The country of Life... I need money to buy medicine sold there.." This took the group by surprise. While buying medicine was very common and not at all surprising, it was the idea that a Gourmet Knight was the one who was getting them as it violated their code of natural healing. The giant hunter then asked, curious, "Medicine...? What kind?"

"A...a medicine for curing any diseases. One said to cure any diseases." The words the young man said earned a couple of smirks from the mafia members. "In other words, helping someone, eh...?" The blonde man said as the black hair one spoke, "Fn. You're the same as us, facing danger for the sake of helping other people, ain't ya?"

"A medicine for curing any illness... But surely, Gourmet Doctrine says that..." Toriko started when the young man cut in. "Yes.. Gourmet Doctrine teaches that ones life should be entrusted to nature. Administering man made medicines to fight against a disease is an act against the teachings of gourmet doctrine but..." Takimaru's voice started to crack as he spoke in loud tones, "But if it's the country of life then..! There are many natural medicines made from food ingredients...! If it's natural, it wouldn't be going against the doctrine! But I must try to obtain a large sum of money! I must..!" Tears welled up in his eyes and began to fall, his body shaking from suppressing his emotions.