Chapter 29: Ice Hell part 4

As the rest of the group stood up, they could only stand and admire it for a few moments before the younger man said in awe, "How beautiful... This is the legendary Gourmet Show Window...!" A voice from behind made them whip around. "...That means below here... The century soup is being collected below here." Her eye widen as Toriko, holding his side and looking terrible, walked closer to the group. "Toriko!" "To...Toriko-san! Are you ok?!" The two said at the same time. "Komatsu. You, go and get the soup." Toriko said as Sarafina pressed her hands on his more serious injuries and began to heal him.

"Eh?!" Komatsu went before the hunter cut him off, his tone dead serious. "At first glance...the Gourmet Show Window looks incredible. But the animals inside are scrawny... They're barely giving off any scent, and most disturbing of all... The aurora's nowhere to be seen." Now that he mentions it... If what the intel said was true then the Aurora should be very easy to find, given how close they are. Sarafina didn't like this at all. 'This does not bode well...' She thought.

"It's possible there's hardly any soup stock. You have to get it before they do. Hurry, Komatsu!" The chef looked at him with an unsure look. He said all that but he was the one panting and sweating over there. "Toriko-san..." The little chef said as the blind woman went, "Toriko, you're-." The hunter cut her off. "Save the worry for later." Looking behind he finished with confidence, "Leave these guys to me." Three of the new group's members appeared out of the rubble of ice, looking as calm as calm can be. "Am I not right in saying that the soup is right below here?" Tommyrod asked with that creepy look on his face.

"Go, Komatsu!!" Toriko shouted at them as he turned to face his enemies. Sarafina blinked in surprise when Toriko stood protectively in front of her. The polkadot guy was bad news. "Kururu, go with him now and keep him safe! This is an order!" Sarafina said in a firm tone to her panther. "Y...yes!" Komatsu replied as he took off. Kururu was hesitant, but she gave off a roar before going back to her kitten form and followed Komatsu. "Get rid of that brat in the back and get the woman." Tommyrod instructed to the others who replied with a, "Yes sir!"

"Oh no!" Toriko started when just as suddenly the two took off only to be stopped by Takimaru and Match blocking their path. "Not so fast." Match told them calmly, completely relaxed, sword at the ready as the young man put his fists together in the same pose as before. The two completely caught their oppenonts off guard for a second by their moves. "Takimaru! Match!" The hunter called over happily, relief flooding through him. "Huh?" Bogie went as Barry asked, confusion in his voice, "Who're you?"

"I've got no beef with the Gourmet Corp, but... We're after the soup too. We're not letting you take it first." Match explained simply. The chef rushed towards an entrance that appeared to go deeper into the mountain and he called out. "Thanks, Takimaru-san! Thanks, match-san!" The vice-boss spared them a glance before he informed them, "Don't get the wrong idea, you two. If you take all the soup, I'm coming after you next."

Komatsu shouted in response, "I'm definitely not going to take all of it myself! I'll definitely secure enough for everybody! Including a share for the kids in the slums!" Match just looked at him, he knew the chef was serious about what he said. Komatsu looked down into the long passage. "Ah! I...I can get down from here! Good." He said. "Komatsu!" Toriko shouted and the shorter man looked back at him for a moment.

Toriko's trust and faith in his expression was more than enough to let Komatsu know what he wanted to say. "I'm counting on you..." He told him. Yeah...he'll get the job done. He can leave it in his care. Komatsu was stunned for a moment before the biggest smile appear on his face before he replied, "Okay! Just leave it to me!" Komatsu quickly descended down into the passage with Kururu jumping on his shoulder.