Chapter 36: The taste of the Century Soup

*Three months later*

It was a beautiful full moon night when Sarafina awoken again. And God, were the next three months felt like true hell. As much as Sarafina was glad to be awake again, she was still much too weak to even move. Being rendered still on a table with wires attached to your body and having to use an oxygen tank to breath wasn't all that fun for her and the rehabilitation on trying to regain her body's strength was near impossible. Sarafina was given a wheelchair to help move around, but it clear that she needed a lot more time before she can functionally move again. Still...she was more than happy to know that everyone made it out of Ice Hell safe and sound. Especially that everyone got the proper medical attention they needed. Toriko, Teppei, and even Sunny were happy to see her conscious again, so she was happy for this much. 

Right now, she was just on her wheelchair, continuing on resting her body while Kururu snuggled on her lap as Teppei and Toriko converse with each other. "You know.." Teppei started, turning his attention to the giant hunter who, the entire time, continued to inhale food in front of him. "As many times I've seen my master's regenerative technique...I've never seen a patient recover as fast as you, Toriko." Hm? Sarafina glanced a bit and nearly did a double take. Since the last time she saw him his whole arm was gone and now...now it was getting near completion. 'That should be a good sign.' She thought.

Either his body was something else or something else was at work here. Most likely the last part, knowing him he was gonna hit the wall and something will pull him through or snap him out of it. "No matter how much I eat, I don't feel full! I can feel my left arm sucking up the nutrients. I can't believe nature created a seed like this!" Toriko complained between bites.

"No. My master created it." The Gourmet Reviver held up a hand as he continued to explain. "There are plenty of creatures in the natural world that can regenerate. But none that can grow back an entire arm like this. The regeneration plant is a hybrid."

"Huh, wow. That's the first thing he's done that I actually respect." The hunter commented. "He's had his share of flops. But he takes note of each and every one of them." Teppei added. "The secret of success is to mess up a lot first." Toriko 'hmphed' and said, "So that's why Yosaku hasn't scrubbed away the bloodstains. Out of respect for his failures."

"Nah. They're proof that he's still just as prone to failing." That didn't sound very encouraging. Teppei held up a finger a bit, making sure the point he was trying to make got through. "Even whether this regeneration seed will heal you or not is up to luck."

"So it really is depending on luck!" Toriko exclaimed in dismay before he gave a sigh before he stood up and plopped into the jelly chair. "Does a certain hunter not believe in luck or doesn't have any luck?" Sarafina started to ask as she send a smile towards Toriko's way and proceeded to wheel over to the giant hunter, who just sighed again. "Luck is something...questionable." He stated simply, eyeing the woman as she walked till she was right in front of him. Toriko blinked a bit and tried not to either stare or blush as she leaned in and gently cupped his chin.

"If you don't have that much luck I. Can. Give. You. Mine." Sarafina said softly, leaning in like she was gonna kiss him then moved away in uncontrollable laughter when she sensed her fellow hunter's soul turning bright red and felt like he was gonna have a heart attack. "Oi, oi! You were messing with me!" Toriko accused her, trying to get his blush under control. "Really?! Messing with an injured person!" Toriko growled at her more. Sarafina laughed even harder. "All the more reason to. Your guard was down and wide open." She giggled a bit as he pouted a bit. "I thought for sure I was gonna have a heart attack. What happened to the reserved woman I met?"

"Still here. What? Am I not allowed to relax around you or anything of the sort?" Toriko blinked a bit. "I never said that. Eh?! Now what are you doing?!" He exclaimed the last part as she once again got close. She wasn't gonna kiss him for real, was she?! It'll be awesome but very unfair! A delicate frown appeared around her eyes. Hm? "What's with you?"