Chapter 24: The Dining Hall. Legendary soup

'I don't think I have ever in my entire life heard anyone chop anything as fast and neat as this woman can.' Sarafina thought in shock as she continued to hear Setuno do her work. That old woman had to be doing the work of eight or nine people and doing it flawlessly and easily. Man she's making it seem like it took no effort.. Not to mention she had a pot on the stove cooking...talk about impressive. The sound of something being poured caught her attention. "Yep, just drink some water and wait at ease, you two." Toriko commented as he took a sip of water.

Sarafina was sure that comment was for the little chef beside her as Komatsu seemed in awe as he watched the older chef continue cooking. Must be exciting for him to watch a well renown chef like her. "T..thank you very much." Komatsu replied. Taking a sip of her own water, the only thing Sarafina will credit it bout the water was that it tasted really well, as she listened on to the show. "It...it tastes great! What is this water? It's so light, I can drink it easily, like air!"

"It's water that gushes out of Aqua Mountain, Air Aqua. It has one of the five highest quality feelings going down your throat in the world." Toriko informed, drinking some more water. "A...amazing! We can drink that kind of high class water as me want?!" Komatsu shouted. "Komatsu. I understand your excitement but...could you please not yell so close to my ear?" The blind woman asked tentatively. Much as she hated to damper his happy spirit, her ears were seriously aching a bit. "Ah. I'm sorry Sarafina-san.."

"You can still show your excitement, dear.  I'm not saying you should bottle it up." Sarafina told him with a smile. "Alright. How come you're not excited? I mean, this place is amazing!" Komatsu said. Laughing softly, Sarafina lean on the counter. Holding her head on her hand. "Believe me, I am. It's just that I'm not as used to the city life and coming out here is not something I want to repeat. But today it's absolutely worth it as I'm sitting in Granny Setsuno's dining hall. I've never thought I would get this chance."

"That's good. Long as you're here you should have fun and enjoy life." Toriko tells her. "As long as I'm with you two, that is quite given." Sarafina told them, smiling brightly. 'Cute!' The two thought at the same time. Komatsu looked at the strips of paper posted on the walls. "A...as you'd expect from the Setsuno dining hall... Also.. If I look carefully at the menu.. It's all high class ingredients.. He said slightly nervous. "Old lady Setsu's full course is cooked with knocking master Jiro's full course." Toriko informed him which set the chef off. Note to self: invest in ear plugs. "E~~~~~~~H?! Then it's the highest class of full course in the world, isn't it?!"

Sarafina was glad the chef is having a good time but her ears are paying for it. Kururu growled under breath as she glared at Komatsu and tried to cover ears. "Fufufufufu, it's hard to supply the ingredients for my full course. I can't serve it ordinarily, so I have to send Jiro-chan." Setsu said, continuing to cook. Whatever the older woman was cooking was smelling wonderful. Turning his gaze toward the woman, Toriko continued to talk. "Old lady Setsu is alone, but cooking ingredients is specialty."

The older woman laughed again then said, "Instead of the full course, how about I make garlic bird parent and child donburi? It'll take a little longer until the soup is done." Whatever that was seemed to brighten Toriko. "Really?! I'll leave it to you, old lady Setsu!" He said excitedly. What exactly is donburi? She's never heard of that dish before. Setsuno pulled out a box out and pull out a bird that looked similar to a chicken. Holding the bird by the neck, the older chef literally de-feathered the bird in mere seconds with her knife and in the space of a second cut off a wing then as it literally went into small cubed pieces onto a grilling pan and began to grill it.

Opening a pot that was on the stove she revealed some really delicious looking rice and brought out a jar that had seaweed coloured bugs. The smell of the woman's cooking brought back memories of home. She smiled. This smell reminded her of a favourite shop Sarafina and her grandfather used to go to. The two of them would have a blast spending time together and eating the food, her listening to the amazing stories of her grandfather's time as a hunter and things like that. Sarafina's smile began to waver a bit. She remembered telling her grandfather that she wanted to become a Gourmet Hunter like him.....but then he got very upset with her. She'd never sensed him liked that before. And that was two days after she-.