Chapter 46: Melk the Sharpener part 2

"I'm inside Melk-san's workshop!" The chef squealed excitedly placing his hands on his face. That was new..Sarafina didn't think she had ever heard a man squeal like a girl. Talk about a fanboy! Sarafina observed around the workshop curiously. So this was what they meant by master craftsman. Everything felt alive and small glitters were around each corner of this room. A lot of love was evident here. Glancing over at the chef it would appear that he was speechless. The woman glanced down and felt gouge marks of all sizes on the floor. A stone floor no less. What could of have possibly..?

"What..the.." Sarafina mused allowed, wondering what exactly caused the marks. "Comin' in..." The large man started to announce when he too noticed the gouges. What was with all the cuts? "Ah!" Komatsu gasped out looking up as one of the knives. "A thousand speciality knife! It's an all-purpose knife that can slice thousands of ingredients with ease. It's Melk-sama's masterpiece and it sells for five million yen. This is what one looks like before its sharpened..." The chef dreamily sighed out as he reached up as it to touch it.

"HANDS OFF!" Melk shouted at him just as the board, which was holding the knives in place like a shelf, unhinged from the wall letting the same knife Matsu was just admiring fall off.

"Watch out!" Sarafina cried out even as the hunter quickly yanked him back as he shouted, "Komatsu, watch out!" The knife easily sliced off some of Toriko's hair and embedded itself in the floor next to the shocked men. "A...amazing.." Was all she had time to get out before the smaller man went, "Huh...?! Whaaat?! It sliced through the stone floor! Th..that's one sharp blade!"

'I get it. The knives made these slice marks.' Toriko mused to himself then spoke up, "Melk knives... Some are so sharp they required a license to use. I've heard plenty of stories about clumsy amateurs getting themselves seriously cut." They watched him pick up the fallen knife and inspected it closely. "It's hard to believe this is unsharpened. Didn't I say hands off? That knife is made from a Warner Shark tooth. Nothing's as sturdy or sharp. It's dangerous."

That surprised Toriko a bit and commented. "A Warner shark? They're at least capture level 50. You must depend on another person to gather your materials." The woman bit back a sigh. Leave it to him to put his foot in his mouth. Judging from the stability from Melk's soul he didn't take that kindly. Something about Melk's demeanour said that the hunter was gonna pay for that remark.

"Depend on another person?" Melk echoed a bit. Just as she thought. He didn't take that comment well at well. The hunter waved off the remark and continued, "Never mind. Anyway, Melk. We've got something to ask..." "No one helps me." Melk spoke so quiet that Sarafina almost missed it.

"I acquire all my knives and whetstone materials myself. I don't rely on anybody else. So watch your words." The slender man warned. She's betting ten that Toriko was gonna go there. "Hmm. That's not how it looks to me. Melk."

"I knew it. He went there." Sarafina sighed. Even if Toriko's words were true, it was rude to point it out when it was none of their business, even more so when they needed a favour from this person. Toriko carried on, ignoring her. "You couldn't capture a Warner shark with that wimpy body. AAAUUGHHAHA!!"

"This is becoming exceedingly rude, Toriko. You boys need a favour from Melk...so why are you attempting to start a fight?" Sarafina scolded him as she put away her cane after electrocuting the giant man. "Wait... What are you... Hold on a sec, Torik..." Komatsu stuttered. "How would you know without finding out for yourself?" Melk inquired and the hunter merely responded by lightly using his knife and sliced a spot close to the cutler. Jeesh...was it just her or did it seem like Toriko was getting arrogant? Though to be honest it was kinda amusing to observe the shock on Melk as he processed what happened and glance to see the gauge.